Microsoft will debut three new smartphones that carry its revamped Windows Phone 7 operating system on Oct. 11, offering them on wireless carrier AT&T a month later, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The quick start of Internet Explorer 9's beta last month wasn't enough to prevent Microsoft's browser from again losing share to rivals from Google and Apple, a Web measurement firm said today.
Stuxnet's inability to stay stealthy may be fall-out from a failure to hit its intended targets last year, security researchers said today.
Microsoft's Windows Live Essentials 2011, is ready for prime time. Microsoft announced Thursday it's consumer focused suite of free applications, has moved from testing mode (beta) to the final release. The productivity suite is Microsoft's flagship ...
Security researchers today offered another tantalizing clue about the possible origins of the notorious Stuxnet worm, but cautioned against reading too much from the obscure tea leaves.
Users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) are more vulnerable to rogue DLL attacks than people who use rival browsers such as Mozilla's Firefox or Google's Chrome, a security researcher said today.
Microsoft today released its latest emergency patch to its Windows Update distribution service, making good on a promise earlier this week.
Ubuntu 10.10, or "Maverick Meerkat," is just one step away from its final version, thanks to the release on Thursday of the Linux software's official Release Candidate.
Microsoft may be one of the only remaining mobile operating-system providers that charges handset makers a licensing fee, but in exchange vendors get at least one important benefit: protection from intellectual property worries.
Microsoft has made another case for upgrading to Windows 7: The company has released the latest version of its free downloadable collection of software and enhancements for the consumer editions of Windows.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
So far, Nokia's new Symbian phone, the N8, is getting lukewarm reviews, and few are willing to bet on anything except its slow demise. There are reasons, mainly its operating system, that make the phone a very hard sell to Americans consuming both A...
There's never a dull moment in the land of Linux, and recent weeks have been no exception. Since no outlet can hope to give full coverage to every development that occurs, here's a roundup of some of the key events.
As promised, Microsoft today delivered an emergency patch for a Windows Web server flaw that is being actively exploited by hackers.
Never mind their awkward relaunch publicity stunt, retro-gaming site Good Old Games saved the really important stuff for today: You can finally buy and play Planescape: Torment, the old Advanced Dungeons & Dragons computer roleplaying game everyone's...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA