Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
Optus caused EPL fury by buying EPL rights purely to force hardcore EPL fans to churn broadband and mobile plans over to Optus whether they were actually able to or not. Now Foxtel has announced that it will still show many matches, some of which wil...
Fans of the English Premier League (EPL) hoping for a more egalitarian delivery method for the world’s largest football competition are sure to be disappointed after Optus outlined its plans for the 2016/17 season.
Optus is offering new and recontracting customers unlimited data with all new home broadband bundles from May 2, giving customers the freedom to enjoy online streaming content without the worry of exceeding data allowance.
Four music labels have joined forces and launched legal action aimed at forcing Australia’s largest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block access to a major piracy-linked BitTorrent site.
The changing usage patterns of Australian broadband customers means that one of the key revenue streams for NBN — the Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) charge — needs a major rethink, according to Optus’ head of regulatory affairs, David Epstein.
Optus is set to restructure its entire business in a move to become more competitive in the local market.
Optus has partnered with Uber to bring in-car 4G Wi-Fi for selected Uber vehicles.
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are arguably the most anticipated new smartphones this year, but who has the best deals for the new phones and which one should you pick?
Optus plans to ramp up its network in major stadiums so customers at sporting and music events can stay digitally connected and access or upload content faster.
Telecommunications company, Optus, and ICT solutions provider, Huawei, are conducting a live trial of 4.5G technology, which has thus far resulted in download speeds of download speeds of between 1.23Gbps and 1.41Gbps, with theoretical maximum speeds...
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
BlackBerry has released its first ever Android smartphone to the Australian market.
Optus is offering its Optus PrePaid Mobile customers bonus data for those that connect to My Prepaid Ultimate and recharge with either $30 or $40. This offer runs until May 1.
Optus has been slapped with a fine for misleading customers following the issue of five infringement notices by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA