NBN has signed an agreement with NetComm Wireless for the supply of distribution point units (DPUs) that will be used in the roll out of ‘fibre to the curb’ (FTTC — also called fibre to the distribution point or FTTdp).
Over a million Australian homes and businesses are now connected to the national broadband network (nbn) with Telstra responsible for the majority of the connections according to the Australian Competition Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Optus Insurance Services is set to refund about $2.4 million to about 175,000 Optus mobile customers after failing to properly inform customers of the type of insurance purchased.
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
Optus caused EPL fury by buying EPL rights purely to force hardcore EPL fans to churn broadband and mobile plans over to Optus whether they were actually able to or not. Now Foxtel has announced that it will still show many matches, some of which wil...
Fans of the English Premier League (EPL) hoping for a more egalitarian delivery method for the world’s largest football competition are sure to be disappointed after Optus outlined its plans for the 2016/17 season.
Optus is offering new and recontracting customers unlimited data with all new home broadband bundles from May 2, giving customers the freedom to enjoy online streaming content without the worry of exceeding data allowance.
Four music labels have joined forces and launched legal action aimed at forcing Australia’s largest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block access to a major piracy-linked BitTorrent site.
The changing usage patterns of Australian broadband customers means that one of the key revenue streams for NBN — the Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) charge — needs a major rethink, according to Optus’ head of regulatory affairs, David Epstein.
Optus is set to restructure its entire business in a move to become more competitive in the local market.
Optus has partnered with Uber to bring in-car 4G Wi-Fi for selected Uber vehicles.
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are arguably the most anticipated new smartphones this year, but who has the best deals for the new phones and which one should you pick?
Optus plans to ramp up its network in major stadiums so customers at sporting and music events can stay digitally connected and access or upload content faster.
Telecommunications company, Optus, and ICT solutions provider, Huawei, are conducting a live trial of 4.5G technology, which has thus far resulted in download speeds of download speeds of between 1.23Gbps and 1.41Gbps, with theoretical maximum speeds...
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT