HTC has partnered with Optus to launch its latest Android smartphone in Australia, the HTC Aria.
Optus has announced overnight that it will exclusively sell Dell's Streak tablet in Australia for three months beginning October 1, joining the Apple iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the hotly contested tablet market.
The nation's second-largest telco Optus has again stated it is still considering whether to provide retail fibre to the home services over the Tasmanian leg of the fledgling National Broadband Network, despite its biggest rival Telstra joining the pa...
Is Telstra's Australia's best mobile carrier? According to GoodGearGuide's readers it is, winning 38 per cent of the votes in our latest online poll.
Internode has the most satisfied customers of any ISP in Australia, according to a study released on 10 September by brand ratings company Canstar Blue.
Optus has released a new national traffic service called Optus Trafficview, which will give users a real-time view of traffic conditions.
SingTel Optus has been called to the principal's office by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission again after alleged breaches of the Trade Practices Act for misinformation in its 'Think Bigger' and 'Supersonic' broadband plan promotional...
Telecommunications management company Stratatel has released a discussion paper revealing that companies and organisations are being overcharged for phone services, often unintentionally.
Optus hinted today that it may launch tablets in the Australian market based on Google Android, as the popularity of the mobile operating system continues to take the SingTel subsidiary by storm.
SingTel subsidiary Optus today released a range of revamped mobile broadband plans, promising better value during peak times as well as off-peak data allowances.
Apple's iPhone 4 is just days away from its Australian launch, and the telco price war is heating up. While people in the US got their hands on the iPhone 4 on 24 June, Aussies have been left with hanging until 30 July.
Optus this morning confirmed plans to launch Apple's latest iPhone 4 handset at midnight launches around the country on Thursday night
Apple's flagship iPhone 4 handset will be launched in Australia on Friday, July 30, according to the company's chief executive, Steve Jobs.
Optus and Nokia Siemens Networks successfully demonstrated Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile technology at a Thai restaurant in Gordon, Sydney, today, but did not make clear exactly when the upgrade to its 3G network would take place.
On the same day that Vodafone started selling Google's Nexus One, Optus has given its customers yet another high-end Android handset option, quietly adding Motorola's Milestone phone to its handset range.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- China Oceanwide, IDG Capital agree to acquire IDG
- EU antitrust regulators praise audiobooks deal from Apple, Amazon
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Attackers start wiping data from CouchDB and Hadoop databases
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW