Optus has been slapped with a fine for misleading customers following the issue of five infringement notices by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Complaints made to the TIO is at the lowest level since between 2007 and 2008.
Owners of Samsung smartphones will be the first to reap the benefits of a Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network when Vodafone rolls it out in December.
An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
Try to order a 6s Plus in Rose pink from Optus and it’s sold out. Head over to Vodafone’s site and it’s the same story. The initial allocation for Rose Gold iPhones is exhausted for all capacities, whether it is 16GB, 64GB or 128GB.
The countdown to the release of Apple’s iPhone has begun as customers prep for an upgrade and carriers ready pricing.
Updated, 12pm: Network blackholes spoiling phone calls and texts are being patched using Wi-Fi following the release of Optus’ Wi-Fi Talk application.
Optus customers may be prompted to upgrade their smartphones when the carrier shuts down its 2G voice-and-text network in 2017.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Woolworths will re-enter the mobile space as a mobile virtual network operator on parts of Telstra’s 3G network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Customers who leave their existing telco to join Virgin Mobile will be rewarded with bonus data.
Pricing for Samsung’s next generation S6 range will start from $999 and reach $1449 when it goes on sale in Australia on 10 April.
Marking Alcatel OneTouch’s return to the Australian market is a smartphone priced below $300 and a circular smartwatch that will be priced under $200.
Free international calls can be made on the Vodafone network to countries celebrating the Chinese New Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC