BlackBerry has released its first ever Android smartphone to the Australian market.
Optus is offering its Optus PrePaid Mobile customers bonus data for those that connect to My Prepaid Ultimate and recharge with either $30 or $40. This offer runs until May 1.
Optus has been slapped with a fine for misleading customers following the issue of five infringement notices by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Complaints made to the TIO is at the lowest level since between 2007 and 2008.
Owners of Samsung smartphones will be the first to reap the benefits of a Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network when Vodafone rolls it out in December.
An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
Try to order a 6s Plus in Rose pink from Optus and it’s sold out. Head over to Vodafone’s site and it’s the same story. The initial allocation for Rose Gold iPhones is exhausted for all capacities, whether it is 16GB, 64GB or 128GB.
The countdown to the release of Apple’s iPhone has begun as customers prep for an upgrade and carriers ready pricing.
Updated, 12pm: Network blackholes spoiling phone calls and texts are being patched using Wi-Fi following the release of Optus’ Wi-Fi Talk application.
Optus customers may be prompted to upgrade their smartphones when the carrier shuts down its 2G voice-and-text network in 2017.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Woolworths will re-enter the mobile space as a mobile virtual network operator on parts of Telstra’s 3G network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Customers who leave their existing telco to join Virgin Mobile will be rewarded with bonus data.
Pricing for Samsung’s next generation S6 range will start from $999 and reach $1449 when it goes on sale in Australia on 10 April.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT