Optus is offering its Optus PrePaid Mobile customers bonus data for those that connect to My Prepaid Ultimate and recharge with either $30 or $40. This offer runs until May 1.
Optus has been slapped with a fine for misleading customers following the issue of five infringement notices by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Complaints made to the TIO is at the lowest level since between 2007 and 2008.
Owners of Samsung smartphones will be the first to reap the benefits of a Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network when Vodafone rolls it out in December.
An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
Try to order a 6s Plus in Rose pink from Optus and it’s sold out. Head over to Vodafone’s site and it’s the same story. The initial allocation for Rose Gold iPhones is exhausted for all capacities, whether it is 16GB, 64GB or 128GB.
The countdown to the release of Apple’s iPhone has begun as customers prep for an upgrade and carriers ready pricing.
Updated, 12pm: Network blackholes spoiling phone calls and texts are being patched using Wi-Fi following the release of Optus’ Wi-Fi Talk application.
Optus customers may be prompted to upgrade their smartphones when the carrier shuts down its 2G voice-and-text network in 2017.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Woolworths will re-enter the mobile space as a mobile virtual network operator on parts of Telstra’s 3G network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Customers who leave their existing telco to join Virgin Mobile will be rewarded with bonus data.
Pricing for Samsung’s next generation S6 range will start from $999 and reach $1449 when it goes on sale in Australia on 10 April.
Marking Alcatel OneTouch’s return to the Australian market is a smartphone priced below $300 and a circular smartwatch that will be priced under $200.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW