Optus is offering its Optus PrePaid Mobile customers bonus data for those that connect to My Prepaid Ultimate and recharge with either $30 or $40. This offer runs until May 1.
Optus has been slapped with a fine for misleading customers following the issue of five infringement notices by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Complaints made to the TIO is at the lowest level since between 2007 and 2008.
Owners of Samsung smartphones will be the first to reap the benefits of a Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network when Vodafone rolls it out in December.
An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
Try to order a 6s Plus in Rose pink from Optus and it’s sold out. Head over to Vodafone’s site and it’s the same story. The initial allocation for Rose Gold iPhones is exhausted for all capacities, whether it is 16GB, 64GB or 128GB.
The countdown to the release of Apple’s iPhone has begun as customers prep for an upgrade and carriers ready pricing.
Updated, 12pm: Network blackholes spoiling phone calls and texts are being patched using Wi-Fi following the release of Optus’ Wi-Fi Talk application.
Optus customers may be prompted to upgrade their smartphones when the carrier shuts down its 2G voice-and-text network in 2017.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Woolworths will re-enter the mobile space as a mobile virtual network operator on parts of Telstra’s 3G network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Customers who leave their existing telco to join Virgin Mobile will be rewarded with bonus data.
Pricing for Samsung’s next generation S6 range will start from $999 and reach $1449 when it goes on sale in Australia on 10 April.
Marking Alcatel OneTouch’s return to the Australian market is a smartphone priced below $300 and a circular smartwatch that will be priced under $200.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW