Telecommunications giant, Optus, has wrapped up its five-year 3G network upgrade program, having moved 4400 mobile sites across Australia to the 900MHz spectrum.
SingTel is sticking its proverbial toe in the vast content aggregator lake with the launch of its NewsLoop app.
Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions;...
Electronics retailer, Dick Smith, will be giving away $30 of Globalgig credit with any SIM-enabled tablet purchased between December 5, 2013, and January 31, 2014.
Telecommunications provider, Optus, is poised to begin a trial of a premium home wireless broadband product in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane which promises ADSL2+ speed to all homes and small businesses.
Optus has finally announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air tablet, with the telco offering the new tablet on both 12 and 24 month contracts.
LG has today confirmed that its flagship smartphone for 2013, the G2, will go on sale in Australia from Monday, 4 November, exclusively through Optus.
BlackBerry's new Z30 smartphone is on sale in Australia now through Optus business, while the flagship device will hit Telstra, Optus and Harvey Norman retail stores in the coming weeks.
Expensive global mobile phone roaming charges between Australia and New Zealand could be set to fall, after the Australian and New Zealand governments indicated they will honour a deal to cut the expensive charges.
LG has today announced that its new Optimus L2 II dual-SIM smartphone will be exclusively sold through Optus and its retail partners from this month, but the primary SIM card slot on the device will be locked to the Optus network.
Optus will allow customers to trade in their old smartphone for credit towards a new plan in a new scheme called 'Trade In, Trade Up', provided they sign up to a new 24 month contract.
Optus has announced Australian pricing and plan details for Apple's new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c smartphones, ahead of their official launch on Friday, 20 September.
Optus has announced pricing and plan details, and opened online pre-orders for Samsung's new Galaxy Note 3 smartphone, but it will not bundle the Galaxy Gear smartwatch with any of its plans.
Optus has officially released Nokia's new flagship Lumia 1020 Windows Phone in Australia, unveiling pricing and plan details and confirming the smartphone is available in stores from today.
Optus has switched on its 4G Plus network to serve Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide, which will coincide with launch of Apple, Samsung and LG's new compatible TD-LTE smartphones.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCSenior Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)NSW