Optus has announced its intentions to launch an IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) service in partnership with FetchTV, with what the telco calls 'integrated mobile functionality' for smartphones and tablets. It is not clear whether this means a mob...
Optus today launched a cloud service called Smart Safe that allows customers to back up and store content from a compatible mobile phone or PC onto its cloud storage infrastructure.
Optus has announced pricing details for the HTC Incredible S Android smartphone, which will be available exclusively through the telco for three months when it launches in Australia on 1 May.
HTC has announced that its Incredible S Android smartphone will be available exclusively through Optus for three months when it launches in Australia on 1 May.
Optus has begun a trial of femtocell technology in Australia, which the telco says will improve mobile reception and coverage in homes and offices affected by network black spots.
Optus has updated its micro SIM 3G data plans for the iPad, as Apple's latest iPad 2 launches in Australia this afternoon.
Optus today announced the announced that a new satellite, Optus 10, is scheduled to be deployed for Australia and New Zealand by 2013.
Nokia is planning to ditch its Symbian mobile phone operating system, but that hasn't stopped the Finnish company announcing the release of the Nokia E7, a Symbian-based smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard.
Optus will push for NBN Co to be given the power to offer volume discounts to service providers on the National Broadband Network (NBN) under legislation currently in Senate Committees hearing.
NBN Co could be required to replace or refit more than 60 Telstra exchanges in its bid to roll out the National Broadband Network (NBN), Telstra has warned.
Following a three month exclusivity deal with Telstra, the ruggedised Motorola Defy Android phone is now available through Optus.
Telecommunications provider Optus has been punished by the ACCC for its 'misleading' advertisement of broadband data allowances. A media release from the ACCC states that Optus had failed to adequately disclose important conditions and limitations of...
Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has denied Internet filtering is on the backburner and said the voluntary filter is on track for implementation by Optus, Telstra and iPrimus.
Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Simon Hackett on Sunday published a strident critique of the large number of Points of Interconnect (PoIs) model being promulgated by Australia’s larger telcos, instead backing NBN Co’s own minimalist vision. But what does the Internode chief think o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW