Telecommunications provider Optus has been punished by the ACCC for its 'misleading' advertisement of broadband data allowances. A media release from the ACCC states that Optus had failed to adequately disclose important conditions and limitations of...
Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has denied Internet filtering is on the backburner and said the voluntary filter is on track for implementation by Optus, Telstra and iPrimus.
Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Simon Hackett on Sunday published a strident critique of the large number of Points of Interconnect (PoIs) model being promulgated by Australia’s larger telcos, instead backing NBN Co’s own minimalist vision. But what does the Internode chief think o...
National broadband provider Internode has published a strongly worded argument in favour of NBN Co’s existing model for connecting internet service providers to its future fibre network, backing the incumbent minimalist structure which would see just...
Numerous exclusions to the unlimited calls advertised as part of Vodafone’s “Infinite” plans raises questions of whether customers are being misled, the Federal Court heard this week.
Optus has finally brought out a 1TB plan after its competitors kickstarted the terabyte trend.
Almost three weeks after its rivals launched Samsung’s hyped Galaxy Tab Android tablet on Australian shores, the nation’s biggest telco Telstra has come to the party, launching the same device on a range of monthly plans.
Amaysim, a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, today launched in Australia, promising low prices and high quality customer service backed by a dedicated, in-house customer service centre.
Pivotel has notched up a minor victory in its Federal Court case against Optus, with the satellite service provider being granted the right to file a statement of claim.
Fresh on the heels of Telstra's launch of its own self-branded Android tablet device, Optus has confirmed it will launch a similar tablet at a price point $20 cheaper than Telstra.
The telco resists the ACCC’s requests to run corrective advertising and claims the watchdog has blown the misleading advertising case out of proportion.
Optus has been slapped with an injunction and faces hefty fines after being found of deceptive advertising by the Federal Court yesterday.
Whether or not potential Optus customers were misled by recent advertising of its “Think Bigger” and “Supersonic” advertising campaigns resides on the type of consumer involved, a Federal Court has heard.
Optus will be the first telco in Australia to sell RIM's BlackBerry Torch smartphone -- the first BlackBerry to feature both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard -- RIM announced yesterday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW