The telco resists the ACCC’s requests to run corrective advertising and claims the watchdog has blown the misleading advertising case out of proportion.
Optus has been slapped with an injunction and faces hefty fines after being found of deceptive advertising by the Federal Court yesterday.
Whether or not potential Optus customers were misled by recent advertising of its “Think Bigger” and “Supersonic” advertising campaigns resides on the type of consumer involved, a Federal Court has heard.
Optus will be the first telco in Australia to sell RIM's BlackBerry Torch smartphone -- the first BlackBerry to feature both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard -- RIM announced yesterday.
Optus today launched a new prepaid mobile offer, Optus Dollar Days, touting daily flexibility for customers as a key benefit.
HTC has partnered with Optus to launch its latest Android smartphone in Australia, the HTC Aria.
Optus has announced overnight that it will exclusively sell Dell's Streak tablet in Australia for three months beginning October 1, joining the Apple iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the hotly contested tablet market.
The nation's second-largest telco Optus has again stated it is still considering whether to provide retail fibre to the home services over the Tasmanian leg of the fledgling National Broadband Network, despite its biggest rival Telstra joining the pa...
Is Telstra's Australia's best mobile carrier? According to GoodGearGuide's readers it is, winning 38 per cent of the votes in our latest online poll.
Internode has the most satisfied customers of any ISP in Australia, according to a study released on 10 September by brand ratings company Canstar Blue.
Optus has released a new national traffic service called Optus Trafficview, which will give users a real-time view of traffic conditions.
SingTel Optus has been called to the principal's office by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission again after alleged breaches of the Trade Practices Act for misinformation in its 'Think Bigger' and 'Supersonic' broadband plan promotional...
Telecommunications management company Stratatel has released a discussion paper revealing that companies and organisations are being overcharged for phone services, often unintentionally.
Optus hinted today that it may launch tablets in the Australian market based on Google Android, as the popularity of the mobile operating system continues to take the SingTel subsidiary by storm.
SingTel subsidiary Optus today released a range of revamped mobile broadband plans, promising better value during peak times as well as off-peak data allowances.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber investing $1 billion in India, targets 1 million daily rides
- Lawmakers headed to Silicon Valley to push tech companies on diversity
- GoPro Hero4 Session review: enduring the unforgiving New Zealand terrain
- Cisco's pay package for CEO Robbins is a sweet deal
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW