Oracle's latest quarterly security update contains 136 fixes for flaws in a wide range of products including Oracle Database Server, E-Business Suite, Fusion Middleware, Oracle Sun Products, Java and MySQL.
Oracle has been awarded US$50 million damages in a lawsuit against Rimini Street, which provides software maintenance for Oracle customers.
Oracle's aggressive licensing practices have gained it considerable notoriety over the years, and on Tuesday, a Texas law firm specializing in technology issued a warning urging enterprises to beware.
Oracle has expanded the scope of its ongoing copyright battle against Android and accused Google of "destroying" the market for Java.
Oracle published, then quickly deleted, a blog post criticizing third-party security consultants and the enterprise customers who use them.
Oracle has come under considerable fire over the years for its restrictive license terms and aggressive audit program, but it appears at least some change is on the way.
Amazon Web Services now lets companies run Oracle's database for about 3 cents per hour, while at the same time adding more options for enterprises that want to move high performance workloads to the cloud.
Oracle has included six news versions of Android and new products and services built around the operating system in a proposed supplemental complaint in its dispute over Google's use in the OS of copyrighted Java material.
The U.K. Cabinet Office has reportedly asked government departments and agencies to try to find ways to end their reliance on Oracle software, but it's not clear that approach will really solve its problems.
Obama wants to boost U.S. supercomputing power...OPM, Anthem hackers also hit United Airlines...Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers...and more tech news.
Oracle is looking to expand the market for its Sparc-based servers with a new, low-cost processor dubbed Sonoma that its engineers will discuss publically for the first time later this month.
Oracle and Google have each proposed dates next northern spring for a new jury trial in their dispute over Google's use of Java in Android.
Qualcomm plans reorg... pressure grows on Apple Music probe... Microsoft fights revenge porn... and more tech news.
With Oracle and Google headed back to court soon to resume their dispute over Android, Oracle is seeking to update its lawsuit to reflect the huge gains Android has made in the five years since the case began.
Oracle on Monday enhanced its cloud-based human resources offering with a suite of "work-life" applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia