It's difficult enough for marketers to stay on top of the latest data about consumers, but reaching the right people in the B2B world presents a whole host of new challenges.
A jury has found in favour of Google in the latest round of a legal battle in which software giant, Oracle, was suing the search behemoth for breach of copyright.
Oracle's latest quarterly security update contains 136 fixes for flaws in a wide range of products including Oracle Database Server, E-Business Suite, Fusion Middleware, Oracle Sun Products, Java and MySQL.
Oracle has been awarded US$50 million damages in a lawsuit against Rimini Street, which provides software maintenance for Oracle customers.
Oracle's aggressive licensing practices have gained it considerable notoriety over the years, and on Tuesday, a Texas law firm specializing in technology issued a warning urging enterprises to beware.
Oracle has expanded the scope of its ongoing copyright battle against Android and accused Google of "destroying" the market for Java.
Oracle published, then quickly deleted, a blog post criticizing third-party security consultants and the enterprise customers who use them.
Oracle has come under considerable fire over the years for its restrictive license terms and aggressive audit program, but it appears at least some change is on the way.
Amazon Web Services now lets companies run Oracle's database for about 3 cents per hour, while at the same time adding more options for enterprises that want to move high performance workloads to the cloud.
Oracle has included six news versions of Android and new products and services built around the operating system in a proposed supplemental complaint in its dispute over Google's use in the OS of copyrighted Java material.
The U.K. Cabinet Office has reportedly asked government departments and agencies to try to find ways to end their reliance on Oracle software, but it's not clear that approach will really solve its problems.
Obama wants to boost U.S. supercomputing power...OPM, Anthem hackers also hit United Airlines...Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers...and more tech news.
Oracle is looking to expand the market for its Sparc-based servers with a new, low-cost processor dubbed Sonoma that its engineers will discuss publically for the first time later this month.
Oracle and Google have each proposed dates next northern spring for a new jury trial in their dispute over Google's use of Java in Android.
Qualcomm plans reorg... pressure grows on Apple Music probe... Microsoft fights revenge porn... and more tech news.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)ACT
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT