Some aspects of the ERP (enterprise resource planning) software landscape, such as tired legacy code-bases and <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9201562/Biggest_ERP_failures_of_2010">disastrous implementation projects</a>, may never go ...
Oracle is being sued by drug-safety software vendor DrugLogic over alleged patent violations, according to a complaint filed Dec. 17 in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Amazon has brought a fleet of major PeopleSoft and JD Edward applications to its Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service, following a promise in September to do so. The new services are certified by Oracle.
Better news about the economy and online spending capped off by strong quarterly results and robust forecasts from Oracle and Research In Motion helped fuel markets this week to new highs.
Oracle's net income for the quarter ended Nov. 30 rose 28 per cent from a year earlier to $US1.9 billion, buoyed by strong software license sales and an improving hardware business, the company said Thursday. Revenue was $8.6 billion, a jump of 47 pe...
Apple, Oracle and EMC are involved with CPTN Holdings LLC, the Microsoft-led consortium that is purchasing 882 patents from Novell for US$450 million, according to a Dec. 9 posting on the website of German antitrust authority Bundeskartellamt, or Fed...
A year ago, Google began discussing the idea of offering a full operating system based on its Chrome browser. This month, Google revealed further details of its plans and began shipping a first run of test units so that developers, reporters and anal...
Oracle's net income for the quarter ended Nov. 30 rose 28 percent to US$1.9 billion compared to the same period last year, buoyed by strong software license sales and an improving hardware business, the company said Thursday. Revenue was $8.6 billion...
With the release of MySQL version 5.5, Oracle is marketing the open-source database for Web application duties, while targeting its namesake Oracle database for enterprise applications.
Oracle on Wednesday announced Cloud Office 1.0, a Web-based productivity suite that is set to give online applications from Microsoft and Google a fresh dose of competition.
Oracle and Swiss mobile software platform vendor Myriad Group are locked in a legal battle over Java licensing issues, one with an apparent connection to Google.
While a number of small companies have been ramping up support for a file system called Lustre that Oracle acquired in its Sun Microsystems purchase earlier this year, Oracle itself has no plans to abandon the technology, a company executive told the...
Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its decision to quit the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, and is also acknowledging the ASF's importance to Java's future.
Oracle wants SAP to pay it US$212 million in interest on top of the $1.3 billion awarded to it last month by a jury in the companies' TomorrowNow lawsuit, court papers show.
Oracle is expected to launch the general-availability version of MySQL 5.5 during a webcast event on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW