Google's decision this week to ask the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office to re-examine a number of the Oracle patents at issue in the companies' ongoing intellectual-property case could have a significant effect on how the dispute plays out.
Oracle has unloaded a hefty package of patches aimed at fixing critical vulnerabilities in Java SE and Java for Business, and Oracle as well as third-party security experts are urging IT admins to deploy the security update immediately.
Microsoft researchers are trying to improve the efficiency of flash memory by building software that uses solid-state storage in conjunction with RAM and hard disk, and eliminates random writes and other wasted operations.
OpenOffice.org is one of the leading competitors to the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity applications. Originally developed as StarOffice in the late 1990s, the suite had been managed in recent years by Sun Microsystems as an open sour...
Microsoft announced the availability Wednesday of Dynamics CRM 2011, the on-premises and partner-hosted version of its CRM (customer relationship management) software.
Oracle is facing a series of challenges for MySQL support revenues from third-party providers who say they can provide equal or better service for the open-source database.
Google is developing a set of extensions for Java that should aid in better securing Java programs against buffer overflow attacks.
Oracle has issued an emergency patch for a Java vulnerability that can cause systems to hang and that can be exploited by remote attackers without authentication.
Problems with an Oracle PeopleSoft ERP (enterprise resource planning) system that have resulted in faulty paychecks going out to police officers in Fort Worth, Texas, have persisted for months with no clear end in sight.
Hoping to service the growing market for cloud computing systems, Oracle has packaged two file management software programs into a single integrated offering, called the Oracle Cloud File System, the company announced Monday.
SAP will ask a California court to reduce the $US1.3 billion jury award it was hit with last November in Oracle's TomorrowNow lawsuit against the company, SAP said Thursday.
Red Hat, Google, Dell, and several other companies have filed an amicus brief with the U.S. Supreme Court challenging "poor quality" software patents, Red Hat said on Thursday.
Oracle has issued a set of draft bylaws that it hopes will guide the process of developing its preferred open-source version of the Java programming language, the OpenJDK.
Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
EMC is now offering a community edition of its Greenplum data warehousing platform, as well as algorithms and data mining tools for working with large data sets, at no charge, the company announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm wants to make kids' wearables a thing
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCData and Business AnalystACT