Microsoft on Tuesday will unveil the first developer preview of "Denali," the next major release of SQL Server, and will start shipping a data warehouse appliance stemming from its 2008 acquisition of DATAllegro.
In an effort to ease the complexity of system administration, Oracle has expanded its Enterprise Manager software to include servers, operating systems, networking gear and virtual environments, the company announced Tuesday.
Charging that Oracle has willfully disregarded the licensing terms for its own Java technology, the Apache Software Foundation has called upon other members of the Java Community Process (JCP) to vote against the next proposed version of the language...
Oracle is moving forward with plans to merge its two Java virtual machines (JVMs) and to provide a single microkernel for its open source GlassFish and commercial WebLogic application servers.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison faced tough questioning on the witness stand Monday morning about the effects of TomorrowNow's intellectual-property theft on his company.
Oracle has managed to get some but not all aspects of the U.S. government's fraud case against it dismissed, according to documents filed last week in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
An FBI agent has been in the courtroom each day this week watching the Oracle-SAP trial, suggesting U.S. law enforcement continues to take an interest in the case.
Former Oracle President Charles Phillips testified in court Thursday that he would have been "terrified" to learn SAP had gained access to Oracle's software and that SAP would have had to pay "at least 3 or 4 billion dollars" to license it.
The Oracle Applications Users Group is urging members running an older version of E-Business Suite to ensure they have all the necessary patches needed to qualify for extended support.
Scott McNealy has kept a low profile since Oracle bought his company earlier this year, but on Wednesday the former chairman and CEO of Sun Microsystems shared some thoughts on the acquisition.
Oracle has apparently raised the price of an entry-level MySQL subscription significantly.
The open-source BI (business intelligence) project BIRT has surpassed 10 million downloads and 1 million developers, project sponsor Actuate announced on Wednesday.
Joining a number of other vendors and multi-vendor initiatives in the race to standardize cloud computing, Oracle has released a set of APIs for running a private cloud that the company hopes will become an industry standard.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison famously once asked, "What the hell is cloud computing?" Nonetheless, Oracle has jumped onto the cloud bandwagon, with company officials on Monday afternoon touting the concept and the products and services that accommodate i...
While technology vendors continue to pound home the message of cloud computing, PHP developers Tuesday viewed the concept as overhyped and were not in agreement on its benefits.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft frees Visual Studio Online for occasional contributors
- HTC ships Desire 510 with 64-bit processor, but isn't sure users can take advantage of it
- Widespread Time Warner Cable disruption affects Internet service subscribers
- Gartner: After slump, server sales rise again in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dropbox offers 1TB Pro plan for $9.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW