SAP is set to challenge Oracle, IBM and Microsoft in the small but growing market for CEP (complex event processing) software with a product called Event Insight, which it planned to announce Wednesday at an event in New York.
Google's decision this week to ask the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office to re-examine a number of the Oracle patents at issue in the companies' ongoing intellectual-property case could have a significant effect on how the dispute plays out.
Oracle has unloaded a hefty package of patches aimed at fixing critical vulnerabilities in Java SE and Java for Business, and Oracle as well as third-party security experts are urging IT admins to deploy the security update immediately.
Microsoft researchers are trying to improve the efficiency of flash memory by building software that uses solid-state storage in conjunction with RAM and hard disk, and eliminates random writes and other wasted operations.
OpenOffice.org is one of the leading competitors to the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity applications. Originally developed as StarOffice in the late 1990s, the suite had been managed in recent years by Sun Microsystems as an open sour...
Microsoft announced the availability Wednesday of Dynamics CRM 2011, the on-premises and partner-hosted version of its CRM (customer relationship management) software.
Oracle is facing a series of challenges for MySQL support revenues from third-party providers who say they can provide equal or better service for the open-source database.
Google is developing a set of extensions for Java that should aid in better securing Java programs against buffer overflow attacks.
Oracle has issued an emergency patch for a Java vulnerability that can cause systems to hang and that can be exploited by remote attackers without authentication.
Problems with an Oracle PeopleSoft ERP (enterprise resource planning) system that have resulted in faulty paychecks going out to police officers in Fort Worth, Texas, have persisted for months with no clear end in sight.
Hoping to service the growing market for cloud computing systems, Oracle has packaged two file management software programs into a single integrated offering, called the Oracle Cloud File System, the company announced Monday.
SAP will ask a California court to reduce the $US1.3 billion jury award it was hit with last November in Oracle's TomorrowNow lawsuit against the company, SAP said Thursday.
Red Hat, Google, Dell, and several other companies have filed an amicus brief with the U.S. Supreme Court challenging "poor quality" software patents, Red Hat said on Thursday.
Oracle has issued a set of draft bylaws that it hopes will guide the process of developing its preferred open-source version of the Java programming language, the OpenJDK.
Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW