Larry Ellison has opened a new front in his battle with Cisco Systems and EMC, launching new Oracle hardware on Wednesday that he claims will be the cheapest on the market.
Oracle released new security updates for Java to fix 19 vulnerabilities and disable default support for SSL 3.0, an outdated version of the secure communications protocol that is vulnerable to attacks.
Big day for Windows 10 ... Ellison's on stage for data center unveiling ... Net neutrality gets more presidential firepower ... and more
Oracle's monster batch of security updates will include a fix for a serious misconfiguration issue in its E-Business Suite product that can give hackers access to databases full of sensitive business records.
Half the money spent on advertising is wasted -- the question is, which half? That's the age-old question in adland. Now Oracle is hoping to help its customers answer that question with the acquisition of Datalogix, which collects offline consumer sp...
Serious vulnerabilities exist in Google App Engine (GAE), a cloud service for developing and hosting Web applications, a team of security researchers has found.
Oracle is trying to make sure its billion-dollar copyright dispute with Google over the Android OS doesn't make it to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The increasing need for real-time analytics has helped buoy server sales to enterprises in a weak global economy, but most of the growth during the third quarter came from Web giants that are building their own hardware.
Oracle and the state of Oregon tussled in a U.S. district court last week over which legal venue will hear their dueling lawsuits related to the vendor's work on the state's failed health insurance exchange website, Cover Oregon.
SAP and Oracle have settled a long-standing copyright-infringement lawsuit, with the German company agreeing to pay about US$359 million in damages and interest to Oracle instead of the $1.3 billion awarded in 2010.
Computer scientists have asked the U.S. Supreme Court to reverse an appeals court decision that Java APIs, the specifications that let programs communicate with each other, are copyrightable.
Oracle's licensing practices have created a "hostile" relationship "filled with deep rooted mistrust" between the vendor and its customers, according to a survey that looked at users' business interactions with the company.
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
The blame game between Oracle and the state of Oregon is going into overtime, even before their dueling lawsuits over the disastrous Cover Oregon health insurance exchange website make it into court.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPUAT LeadQLD