While a number of small companies have been ramping up support for a file system called Lustre that Oracle acquired in its Sun Microsystems purchase earlier this year, Oracle itself has no plans to abandon the technology, a company executive told the...
Oracle has asked the Apache Software Foundation to reconsider its decision to quit the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, and is also acknowledging the ASF's importance to Java's future.
Oracle wants SAP to pay it US$212 million in interest on top of the $1.3 billion awarded to it last month by a jury in the companies' TomorrowNow lawsuit, court papers show.
Oracle is expected to launch the general-availability version of MySQL 5.5 during a webcast event on Wednesday.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was one of 17 billionaires this week to pledge donating more than half of their wealth to charitable organizations.
Protesting what it perceives as Oracle's undue control of Java, the Apache Software Foundation has resigned its seat from the Java SE/EE Executive Committee, the organization announced Wednesday.
Apple on Tuesday patched 15 vulnerabilities in its QuickTime media player for Windows and Mac OS X 10.5, aka Leopard.
Google is unveiling on Monday an upgrade to its mobile platform, Android 2.3, which features refinements to the UI as well as capabilities for rich multimedia, mobile payments, and faster text input.
Salesforce.com is getting into the cloud database business with a new on-demand service, Database.com, set to be announced Tuesday at the Dreamforce conference in San Francisco.
Oracle will halve the number of cores in its next Sparc processor and instead improve its single-thread performance, a weak area for the chip but one that's important for running large databases and back-end applications.
The Document Foundation on Sunday announced the availability of the first release candidate of LibreOffice, marking the approach of the first stable version of the brand-new open source productivity suite.
Salesforce.com enters this year's Dreamforce conference riding a wave of rapid growth and increasing technological breadth, but much work remains ahead of it, analysts say.
Oracle will port its Enterprise Linux distribution to Sun's Sparc processor, a move that could help it compete better against IBM and Hewlett-Packard in the high-end server business.
BMC Software announced Friday it has purchased GridApp Systems, maker of software tools for database provisioning, patching and management in physical and cloud deployments. Terms were not disclosed.
Oracle executives talked up on Thursday the planned Solaris 11 release due in 2011, with the Unix OS upgrade offering advancements in availability, security, and virtualization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA