Google is denying Oracle's allegation that it directly copied lines of Oracle's Java code for its Android mobile OS, according to a court filing made Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Oracle has reportedly changed its position on support for its RAC (Real Application Clusters) software running in VMware virtualized environments, saying it will provide it under certain circumstances.
Oracle's potential damages in its corporate-theft lawsuit against SAP have been reduced by US$500 million following an order from Judge Phyllis Hamilton, SAP said on Tuesday.
Microsoft on Tuesday will unveil the first developer preview of "Denali," the next major release of SQL Server, and will start shipping a data warehouse appliance stemming from its 2008 acquisition of DATAllegro.
In an effort to ease the complexity of system administration, Oracle has expanded its Enterprise Manager software to include servers, operating systems, networking gear and virtual environments, the company announced Tuesday.
Charging that Oracle has willfully disregarded the licensing terms for its own Java technology, the Apache Software Foundation has called upon other members of the Java Community Process (JCP) to vote against the next proposed version of the language...
Oracle is moving forward with plans to merge its two Java virtual machines (JVMs) and to provide a single microkernel for its open source GlassFish and commercial WebLogic application servers.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison faced tough questioning on the witness stand Monday morning about the effects of TomorrowNow's intellectual-property theft on his company.
Oracle has managed to get some but not all aspects of the U.S. government's fraud case against it dismissed, according to documents filed last week in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
An FBI agent has been in the courtroom each day this week watching the Oracle-SAP trial, suggesting U.S. law enforcement continues to take an interest in the case.
Former Oracle President Charles Phillips testified in court Thursday that he would have been "terrified" to learn SAP had gained access to Oracle's software and that SAP would have had to pay "at least 3 or 4 billion dollars" to license it.
The Oracle Applications Users Group is urging members running an older version of E-Business Suite to ensure they have all the necessary patches needed to qualify for extended support.
Scott McNealy has kept a low profile since Oracle bought his company earlier this year, but on Wednesday the former chairman and CEO of Sun Microsystems shared some thoughts on the acquisition.
Oracle has apparently raised the price of an entry-level MySQL subscription significantly.
The open-source BI (business intelligence) project BIRT has surpassed 10 million downloads and 1 million developers, project sponsor Actuate announced on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC