Google is denying Oracle's allegation that it directly copied lines of Oracle's Java code for its Android mobile OS, according to a court filing made Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Oracle has reportedly changed its position on support for its RAC (Real Application Clusters) software running in VMware virtualized environments, saying it will provide it under certain circumstances.
Oracle's potential damages in its corporate-theft lawsuit against SAP have been reduced by US$500 million following an order from Judge Phyllis Hamilton, SAP said on Tuesday.
Microsoft on Tuesday will unveil the first developer preview of "Denali," the next major release of SQL Server, and will start shipping a data warehouse appliance stemming from its 2008 acquisition of DATAllegro.
In an effort to ease the complexity of system administration, Oracle has expanded its Enterprise Manager software to include servers, operating systems, networking gear and virtual environments, the company announced Tuesday.
Charging that Oracle has willfully disregarded the licensing terms for its own Java technology, the Apache Software Foundation has called upon other members of the Java Community Process (JCP) to vote against the next proposed version of the language...
Oracle is moving forward with plans to merge its two Java virtual machines (JVMs) and to provide a single microkernel for its open source GlassFish and commercial WebLogic application servers.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison faced tough questioning on the witness stand Monday morning about the effects of TomorrowNow's intellectual-property theft on his company.
Oracle has managed to get some but not all aspects of the U.S. government's fraud case against it dismissed, according to documents filed last week in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
An FBI agent has been in the courtroom each day this week watching the Oracle-SAP trial, suggesting U.S. law enforcement continues to take an interest in the case.
Former Oracle President Charles Phillips testified in court Thursday that he would have been "terrified" to learn SAP had gained access to Oracle's software and that SAP would have had to pay "at least 3 or 4 billion dollars" to license it.
The Oracle Applications Users Group is urging members running an older version of E-Business Suite to ensure they have all the necessary patches needed to qualify for extended support.
Scott McNealy has kept a low profile since Oracle bought his company earlier this year, but on Wednesday the former chairman and CEO of Sun Microsystems shared some thoughts on the acquisition.
Oracle has apparently raised the price of an entry-level MySQL subscription significantly.
The open-source BI (business intelligence) project BIRT has surpassed 10 million downloads and 1 million developers, project sponsor Actuate announced on Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW