The current model of selling commercial enterprise software is broken, charged the CEO for Red Hat. It is too expensive, doesn't address user needs and, worst of all, it leaves chief information officers holding all the risk of implementing new syste...
Sonatype is enhancing its Maven Central cloud-based software component repository in the areas of performance, availability, and security.
SAP plans to release its High-Performance Analytic Appliance (HANA) in November, roughly six months after announcing the product.
ORLANDO - Gartner Inc. analysts Monday warned that the tech industry is caught in a "vortex of insatiable mergers and acquisitions" that is creating a category of "super vendors" selling highly integrated offerings.
Microsoft said Monday that an "unprecedented wave" of attacks are exploiting vulnerabilities in Oracle's Java software.
Operators have merged two different platforms for distributing Web-based mobile applications, in a effort to start competing with the likes of Apple's AppStore and Google's Market.
Speculation that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/100510-oracle-to-buy-sso-vendor.html?source=nww_rss">Oracle might buy EMC</a> pushed EMC's <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/101310-emc-tackles-big-data-with.html">stock pri...
A recent Microsoft video suggests the company considers OpenOffice.org a significant threat to its own Office suite.
Oracle sought to dispel any doubts about its commitment to OpenOffice.org on Wednesday, announcing its participation in the ODF Plugfest event in Brussels this week and talking up future development plans for the open source productivity suite.
Oracle and IBM, who are usually bitter rivals, pledged on Monday to collaborate on OpenJDK, which has served as the principal reference implementation of open source Java.
Metro Bank, the first high street bank to be launched in the UK in over a century, opened its first branch in July with a company-wide outsourced, pay-as-you-grow IT infrastructure.
Database security is rife with pitfalls, according to 430 Oracle database administrators surveyed by the Independent Oracle Users Group.
Microsoft isn't the only company planning a boatload of security patches for next week. Oracle plans to fix 81 vulnerabilities in its database, middleware and operating system products on Tuesday, the same day Microsoft's fixes are due.
Existing customers of Oracle's ERP (enterprise resource planning) product lines like E-Business Suite that are current on support payments will receive "net-for-net" credit when upgrading to the company's upcoming Fusion Applications, but some aspect...
Oracle plans to buy enterprise SSO (single sign-on) technology vendor Passlogix, a move that will boost its portfolio of security offerings. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close this year, were not disclosed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA