IBM is rolling out a major new update to its Cognos BI (business intelligence) platform that includes new features for collaboration, statistical analysis and mobile devices like the Apple iPad.
SAP is seeking a court order to prevent Oracle's lawyers from making public statements about the companies' TomorrowNow lawsuit, fearing the talk will influence potential jurors and prevent SAP from getting a fair trial, according to an SAP motion fi...
Oracle should piggyback on Microsoft's update service to boost users' chances of running a patched version of Java, a security expert said today.
The current model of selling commercial enterprise software is broken, charged the CEO for Red Hat. It is too expensive, doesn't address user needs and, worst of all, it leaves chief information officers holding all the risk of implementing new syste...
Sonatype is enhancing its Maven Central cloud-based software component repository in the areas of performance, availability, and security.
SAP plans to release its High-Performance Analytic Appliance (HANA) in November, roughly six months after announcing the product.
ORLANDO - Gartner Inc. analysts Monday warned that the tech industry is caught in a "vortex of insatiable mergers and acquisitions" that is creating a category of "super vendors" selling highly integrated offerings.
Microsoft said Monday that an "unprecedented wave" of attacks are exploiting vulnerabilities in Oracle's Java software.
Operators have merged two different platforms for distributing Web-based mobile applications, in a effort to start competing with the likes of Apple's AppStore and Google's Market.
Speculation that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/100510-oracle-to-buy-sso-vendor.html?source=nww_rss">Oracle might buy EMC</a> pushed EMC's <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/101310-emc-tackles-big-data-with.html">stock pri...
A recent Microsoft video suggests the company considers OpenOffice.org a significant threat to its own Office suite.
Oracle sought to dispel any doubts about its commitment to OpenOffice.org on Wednesday, announcing its participation in the ODF Plugfest event in Brussels this week and talking up future development plans for the open source productivity suite.
Oracle and IBM, who are usually bitter rivals, pledged on Monday to collaborate on OpenJDK, which has served as the principal reference implementation of open source Java.
Metro Bank, the first high street bank to be launched in the UK in over a century, opened its first branch in July with a company-wide outsourced, pay-as-you-grow IT infrastructure.
Database security is rife with pitfalls, according to 430 Oracle database administrators surveyed by the Independent Oracle Users Group.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW