French operator Orange has announced a number of packages that include data roaming abroad, joining competitors in a move that is likely be replicated all over Europe as EU regulators turn up the heat.
The former Director General of the World Trade Organization is to head up a new group looking at the future use of TV broadcast spectrum across the European Union.
French network operator Orange has acquired a minority stake in the Japanese company G-cluster Global, as it looks to accelerate its mobile gaming push.
The GSM Association, operators and vendors have published a specification that enables remote provisioning of embedded SIM identification modules, which should cut the cost of connecting cars and utility meters to the Internet.
Getting smartphone operating Tizen off the ground has proven more difficult than its backers first thought. Operator Orange no longer wants to predict when the first phones will arrive, and Samsung Electronics is also mum on its progress.
Orange's latest smartphones, the Android-based Hiro and Yumo, come with feature that walks users through the setup, which the operator hopes will make it easier for first-time buyers to start using their device.
French telecommunications operator Orange reported a sharp fall in net profit for the first half, with as revenue declined year on year too.
It emerged Thursday, that Europe’s top antitrust watchdog carried out unannounced raids on Telefónica, Deutsche Telecom and Orange on Tuesday.
France Télécom is finally switching its official name to Orange after the name change was approved at its annual general meeting.
There's been a lot of talk about how Apple needs to make a budget iPhone for the emerging markets of China and India, now a European telecom CEO has suggested that Apple needs a low-cost iPhone for the European market.
Products from several smartphone vendors and processors from the likes of Nvidia are helping drive down the cost of LTE-enabled devices.
Mobile operators are hoping to make it easier for developers to integrate network-based features with their applications using a new platform called OneAPI Exchange.
Orange has announced the addition of three smartphones to its device range, including its first LTE smartphone, the Lumo.
International roaming between carriers' Wi-Fi networks has come a step closer, with AT&T, Boingo Wireless, NTT DoCoMo and Orange completing network assessments as part of the Wireless Broadband Alliance's new interoperability program.
Orange hopes to increase smartphone use among seniors with the Fujitsu Stylistic S01, which uses a number of technologies to make the phone a better fit for users who are over 65 years old.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD