French operator Orange has announced a number of packages that include data roaming abroad, joining competitors in a move that is likely be replicated all over Europe as EU regulators turn up the heat.
The former Director General of the World Trade Organization is to head up a new group looking at the future use of TV broadcast spectrum across the European Union.
French network operator Orange has acquired a minority stake in the Japanese company G-cluster Global, as it looks to accelerate its mobile gaming push.
The GSM Association, operators and vendors have published a specification that enables remote provisioning of embedded SIM identification modules, which should cut the cost of connecting cars and utility meters to the Internet.
Getting smartphone operating Tizen off the ground has proven more difficult than its backers first thought. Operator Orange no longer wants to predict when the first phones will arrive, and Samsung Electronics is also mum on its progress.
Orange's latest smartphones, the Android-based Hiro and Yumo, come with feature that walks users through the setup, which the operator hopes will make it easier for first-time buyers to start using their device.
French telecommunications operator Orange reported a sharp fall in net profit for the first half, with as revenue declined year on year too.
It emerged Thursday, that Europe’s top antitrust watchdog carried out unannounced raids on Telefónica, Deutsche Telecom and Orange on Tuesday.
France Télécom is finally switching its official name to Orange after the name change was approved at its annual general meeting.
There's been a lot of talk about how Apple needs to make a budget iPhone for the emerging markets of China and India, now a European telecom CEO has suggested that Apple needs a low-cost iPhone for the European market.
Products from several smartphone vendors and processors from the likes of Nvidia are helping drive down the cost of LTE-enabled devices.
Mobile operators are hoping to make it easier for developers to integrate network-based features with their applications using a new platform called OneAPI Exchange.
Orange has announced the addition of three smartphones to its device range, including its first LTE smartphone, the Lumo.
International roaming between carriers' Wi-Fi networks has come a step closer, with AT&T, Boingo Wireless, NTT DoCoMo and Orange completing network assessments as part of the Wireless Broadband Alliance's new interoperability program.
Orange hopes to increase smartphone use among seniors with the Fujitsu Stylistic S01, which uses a number of technologies to make the phone a better fit for users who are over 65 years old.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT