Once upon a time, Alienware was the company when it came to gaming laptops. And I mean that quite literally -- nobody else even made gaming laptops, so it was basically Alienware or nothing.
One of these days I'm apparently going to unfold a piece of printer paper and find out it's secretly a laptop. That's the feeling I get when I see Dell throwing around claims like "smallest 13-inch laptop in the world" in reference to the new XPS 13....
Microsoft has confirmed it will replace Windows Live Messenger, aka MSN Messenger, with Skype on 8 April.
The reported slow early sales of Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has raised a question among IT analysts -- does Microsoft truly want to produce boffo sales of the new device?
Apple has patented a design for an iPhone package that can transform into a simple charging dock.
PC manufacturer Origin has announced a new gaming PC that fuses some of the fastest computing hardware on the market with an Xbox 360 Slim console.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC