Once upon a time, Alienware was the company when it came to gaming laptops. And I mean that quite literally -- nobody else even made gaming laptops, so it was basically Alienware or nothing.
One of these days I'm apparently going to unfold a piece of printer paper and find out it's secretly a laptop. That's the feeling I get when I see Dell throwing around claims like "smallest 13-inch laptop in the world" in reference to the new XPS 13....
Microsoft has confirmed it will replace Windows Live Messenger, aka MSN Messenger, with Skype on 8 April.
The reported slow early sales of Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has raised a question among IT analysts -- does Microsoft truly want to produce boffo sales of the new device?
Apple has patented a design for an iPhone package that can transform into a simple charging dock.
PC manufacturer Origin has announced a new gaming PC that fuses some of the fastest computing hardware on the market with an Xbox 360 Slim console.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA