Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
Two U.S. senators want to prohibit companies from sharing students' personal data when advertising their products or services and require that organizations holding student data put data security safeguards in place.
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- GoDaddy offers $1.8 billion for Host Europe
- Cisco Meraki sees the hotel of the future in its new Wi-Fi gear
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCProject Manager X2VIC
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)VIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW