Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
Two U.S. senators want to prohibit companies from sharing students' personal data when advertising their products or services and require that organizations holding student data put data security safeguards in place.
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- French tax police raid Google’s Paris office
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA