Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
Two U.S. senators want to prohibit companies from sharing students' personal data when advertising their products or services and require that organizations holding student data put data security safeguards in place.
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Senator Patrick Leahy questioned how the Constitution allows the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. telephone records and repeated his calls for President Barack Obama's administration to end the program during a hearing Wednesday.
Officials at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ignored multiple auditor reports warning them of potential problems at insurance-shopping website HealthCare.gov before the site's launch Oct. 1, one Republican senator said Wednesday.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW