Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
Two U.S. senators want to prohibit companies from sharing students' personal data when advertising their products or services and require that organizations holding student data put data security safeguards in place.
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Senator Patrick Leahy questioned how the Constitution allows the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. telephone records and repeated his calls for President Barack Obama's administration to end the program during a hearing Wednesday.
Officials at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ignored multiple auditor reports warning them of potential problems at insurance-shopping website HealthCare.gov before the site's launch Oct. 1, one Republican senator said Wednesday.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW