Windows 10 - and the fate of Microsoft's smartphones - will be front and centre at the company's Wednesday (AEST) event.
Blackberry placed rivalries aside and purchased Good Technology as the phone maker moves further into the mobile security market.
Windows 10 may still be in beta, but it already has some fun and handy, hidden new features worth exploring. Check 'em out here.
The latest release of Ubuntu focuses on application updates, maintenance and stability enhancements.
Hated Windows 8? Good news: Many of the features in Windows 10 aren't nearly as annoying
Here are some of the most prominent changes to Windows 10 from its predecessor.
Windows 10's changes are as big as the Start menu and as nitty-gritty as the command prompt, with lots of interesting stuff in between. Let's dig in.
Microsoft's first glimpse of next year's new Windows fixes obvious flaws and borrows from Apple's OSes
Microsoft today announced that its new operating system will be called Windows 10, rather than Windows 9. It's a new generation of the Windows operating system that is being hailed by Microsoft as being adaptable to all sorts of devices, from tiny In...
Here are five smartphones that have been, or will be, released this year running unofficial versions of Android.
Mozilla has its hands in many projects aimed at advancing the Web. Here's our take on the 10 most promising
Ubuntu 14.04 Long Term Support/LTS (Trusty Tahr) proves that it doesn’t matter if you’re Oracle, Microsoft, or Canonical: Bringing a fleet of products into new release revision synch is tough.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
Android L is full of tweaks and enhancements. Here are just a few!
A trip down memory lane, tracing major milestones in the evolution of the desktop environment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTChange LeadNSW