Nyansa, based in Silicon Valley, emerged from stealth mode on Monday with Voyance, a Cloud-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) offering that analyses inputs from wired and wireless LANs to gauge users' actual experiences on a network.
BlackBerry has stopped producing phones with its in-house operating system as the company focuses on a more secure Android.
Windows 10 - and the fate of Microsoft's smartphones - will be front and centre at the company's Wednesday (AEST) event.
Blackberry placed rivalries aside and purchased Good Technology as the phone maker moves further into the mobile security market.
Windows 10 may still be in beta, but it already has some fun and handy, hidden new features worth exploring. Check 'em out here.
The latest release of Ubuntu focuses on application updates, maintenance and stability enhancements.
Hated Windows 8? Good news: Many of the features in Windows 10 aren't nearly as annoying
Here are some of the most prominent changes to Windows 10 from its predecessor.
Windows 10's changes are as big as the Start menu and as nitty-gritty as the command prompt, with lots of interesting stuff in between. Let's dig in.
Microsoft's first glimpse of next year's new Windows fixes obvious flaws and borrows from Apple's OSes
Microsoft today announced that its new operating system will be called Windows 10, rather than Windows 9. It's a new generation of the Windows operating system that is being hailed by Microsoft as being adaptable to all sorts of devices, from tiny In...
Here are five smartphones that have been, or will be, released this year running unofficial versions of Android.
Mozilla has its hands in many projects aimed at advancing the Web. Here's our take on the 10 most promising
Ubuntu 14.04 Long Term Support/LTS (Trusty Tahr) proves that it doesn’t matter if you’re Oracle, Microsoft, or Canonical: Bringing a fleet of products into new release revision synch is tough.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) speed up web browsing for users
- Iran orders messaging apps to store data of local users in the country
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW