A new version of Nokia's mapping service Ovi Maps will include turn-by-turn voice guidance for walking and driving navigation for free, Nokia said on Thursday.
The motoring authority of Victoria, VicRoads, has backed down on a plan to ban the use of mobile global positioning system (GPS) devices in cars.
A year after launching in the U.K., with rollouts elsewhere since, Nokia’s Comes With Music service has amassed just 107,000 subscribers, according to an analyst report.
Finnish phone giant Nokia has announced its e-mail service Ovi Mail has hit the one million accounts in the space of just over six months.
Nokia has opened the Ovi Store, where owners of around 50 different Nokia devices can download applications, games, videos and podcasts.
Nokia has embarked on an aggressive campaign to promote the Ovi online store among software developers in East Africa.
Nokia is expanding the capabilities of its online content-sharing site, Ovi, as it steps up competition with other providers of services that link mobile phones to online services.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA
- FTJava DevelopersWA