A group led by former Pirate Bay spokesman Peter Sunde is forming to develop a peer-to-peer-based alternative to today's ICANN-controlled DNS system, according to a blog posted on Tuesday.
In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
Beleaguered file-sharing software maker LimeWire LLC said it still hopes to settle a dispute with the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) even as a federal court in New York appears set to shutter the company for enabling copyright infri...
The Congressional International Anti-Piracy Caucus, a group of U.S. lawmakers concerned with copyright infringement, has listed The Pirate Bay and five other Web sites as "notorious" file-sharing sites.
Lime Wire and its former CEO are liable for the copyright infringement executed by its users, a New York federal judge said on Tuesday.
House lawmakers introduced a bill that would restrict the use of peer-to-peer technology on government networks in response to several embarrassing data leaks.
The number of peer-to-peer (p2p) websites that allow users to share copyrighted materials has increased, says McAfee.
The appeals of those convicted in April in the high-profile Pirate Bay copyright violations trial won't be heard until next year, the court said on Monday.
Opera Software today released the beta of Opera Unite, a platform for authoring peer-to-peer (P2P) and Web server-based applications that it's promised will reinvent the Web.
Driven by increased crackdowns on BitTorrent sites such as The Pirate Bay, software pirates are fast-moving their warez to file-hosting Web sites.
The stock of prospective Global Gaming Factory X (GGF) will from Wednesday be traded on Mangoldlistan, a Swedish exchange run by a securities brokerage company. But GGF's new home, on an exchange that lists only seven companies, hasn't answered any o...
The old news kiosk in the center of Weimar, Germany, doesn't sell newspapers any more, but you can find pointers to plenty of other media there.
Swedish ISP Black Internet has decided to appeal in the Stockholm district court the verdict that led to it closing file-sharing site The Pirate Bay's data connection.
Movie and record companies want Norwegian operator Telenor to block access to The Pirate Bay file-sharing site and have filed documents in a Norwegian district court seeking a temporary injunction.
Security researchers have updated a free tool that sniffs out the notorious Conficker worm on infected PCs by using the same peer-to-peer (P2P) protocol the malware relies on to communicate with its hacker masters.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC