The leaked details on HP and Palm's WebOS tablet keep on coming, though HP has said we haven't seen everything yet.
We haven't seen HP hype a tablet since last year's flirtation with Windows 7, but that could change after February 9, when the company has all but confirmed that it will introduce its first WebOS tablet.
Is Facebook building a phone? The company won't say for sure, but for some the idea of a Facebook phone is social networking overkill. To social butterflies, a Facebook phone is a dream come true. Here is a look at the pros and cons.
By now everyone knows that HP CEO Mark Hurd was forced to resign following an investigation into an alleged sexual harassment scandal.
If there's any correlation between the recently killed Kin and discontinued T-Mobile Sidekick -- aside from Microsoft having a hand in both discontinued phones -- it's that they tried to distinguish themselves from both high-powered smartphones and s...
Hewlett-Packard just raised the ante in the smartphone wars by purchasing Palm, bringing to the table its standing as the world's largest PC maker and potentially bringing on a new era of WebOS devices. The future is still cloudy for the union of the...
The fall of Palm from groundbreaking innovator of handheld PDA's, to ailing developer of capable-but-waning smartphones is complete with the announcement that HP will acquire Palm to the tune of US$1.2 billion. The primary asset of Palm is the WebOS ...
With iPhones and BlackBerrys everywhere, and Google Android devices on the rise, it's easy to forget that Palm was the company that made it all happen.
Palm is reporting dramatically lower sales of its WebOS-based smartphones.
Yesterday's statement from Palm's CEO, lamenting how Motorola's Droid beat the Palm Pre into Verizon stores, I was reminded of a famous Marlon Brando line from "On the Waterfront." Many people know the words, even of they don't know they come from a ...
Palm reported on Thursday that its sales are not going as well as expected due to "slower-than-expected consumer adoption of the company's products."
That sound you've been hearing--that soft "swooshing" in the distance--isn't anything important.
Palm has stayed very quiet since its releases of the Palm Pre and Pixi devices this summer, which debuted the WebOS that was at one point seen as a key rival to Apple's iPhone.
If I had a dollar for every instance of misguided Wall Street speculation, I might be richer than a trader, but let's just imagine that Nokia will acquire Palm, as reported on Friday.
A rumor that Nokia might purchase Palm shot the troubled smartphone company's shares up on Friday and reignited the debate: What should happen to Palm?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT