Hewlett-Packard has already said it will use Palm's webOS in smartphones and slate computers, but on Tuesday it revealed it has another category of products in mind: printers.
An unconfirmed story at Examiner.com claims that HP will release a touch tablet based on the Palm webOS operating system in the third quarter of this year.
A merged Hewlett-Packard and Palm will have a long way to go before it can challenge the likes of Nokia, Apple, Research In Motion (RIM) and HTC in the European market, according to analysts.
Users on Palm blogs were generally euphoric about Wednesday's announcement that HP will buy the struggling smartphone maker in a deal worth US$1.2 billion. But there were skeptics, who offered cautions and raised concerns, ranging from HP's deftness ...
If history can help predict the future, then Hewlett-Packard has a good shot at aptly digesting Palm, analysts say.
Hewlett-Packard's purchase of Palm could redefine the PC maker's mobile OS strategy, potentially impacting the company's reliance on Microsoft operating systems.
Ah, the heady days of the late 1990s, when every dot-com stock was a guaranteed winner and when every day trader worth his salt carried around a Palm Pilot personal to keep track of all their information.
HP's purchase of Palm could not only save webOS, but should also cause a few shivers for Microsoft.
Hewlett-Packard plans to buy struggling phone maker Palm for US$1.2 billion.
Michael Abbott, the head of Palm's software and services team, will leave the company at the end of next week, according to a regulatory filing Palm made on Friday.
Q: What's the connection between one of the world's top rock and roll performers and a sinking U.S. smartphone maker? A: Venture capital.
Palm Inc. is being put up for sale, with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Qatalyst Partners helping the Pre smartphone maker find a buyer, according to a report from Bloomberg.
The team of Palm enthusiasts at webOSroundup.com has launched a crowd-sourcing project that invites other Palmophiles to create their own video ads for Palm's innovative operating system and the phones that run it.<a href="http://www.networkworld.com...
If Palm's WebOS products had gone on sale at Verizon before Motorola's Droid, Palm's fortunes today would be very different, the company's CEO said Thursday during its third-quarter earnings call."
Palm's official webOS app store has come a long way. With only 30 apps available> at the App Catalog's launch last June, there wasn't much for early Palm Pre owners to get excited about. Today, however, the App Catalog sports well over a thousand tit...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD