Cisco Systems will soon release a VPN client for smartphones and PCs aimed at enterprise administrators who want to provide secure access to their networks and ward off malicious software.
After Palm Inc. admitted that its smartphone sales were below expectations, rumors started swirling that the company might be sold, or that it could be beefing up its product line with a WiMax smartphone for Sprint Nextel.
Smartphone industry pundits wonder whether Palm can survive another year, given Palm's guidance today that its new smartphone sales expectations.
Apple may not see a need to add support for Adobe Systems' Flash multimedia software to a smartphone, but other handset makers do and plan to release software updates soon.
Palm opened up its WebOS developer program to the public on Thursday, saying it expects to see a flood of new applications developed for the mobile OS.
Artifex Software is suing Palm over the PDF (Portable Document Format) viewer in Palm's Pre smartphone, it said on Thursday.
Palm will introduce a Web-based development environment for WebOS applications, called Ares, by the end of this year.
The Palm Pixi, the slimmer sibling of Palm Pre, is set to debut on the Sprint network on Nov. 15. Priced at $100 (after rebates) with a two-year deal, the Pixi is a reworked Pre with a few significant changes, including an exposed (not slide-out) key...
Palm will open its webOS developer program in December and offer developers a choice in how to get their applications to market, the company said Tuesday.
Palm Pre owners should go update their phone, as webOS 1.2 is now available for download. This comes on the heels of a slew of leaks and, of course, an Tunes update that broke the Pre's ability to sync with Apple's software. The bad news is: webOS 1....
Following the news that O2's exclusive UK rights to Apple's iPhone will soon be at an end, with Orange to offer the smartphone in the near future, O2 has responded with a statement that both praises its work with Apple and fights back with mention of...
An industry group says Palm's Pre shouldn't pretend to be something it isn't, namely an Apple product.
Palm said it will stop developing new phones running Windows Mobile software, instead focusing future development on its new WebOS operating system.
Buried amid today's announcement of the new Palm Pixi smartphone was the news that the price of the Palm Pre smartphone will drop to $150, down from $200, after rebates.
Palm Inc. and Sprint Nextel Inc. formally announced the second WebOS smartphone today, the Palm Pixi, and said it will be available in the US from Sprint before the Christmas holidays.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- China Oceanwide, IDG Capital agree to acquire IDG
- EU antitrust regulators praise audiobooks deal from Apple, Amazon
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Attackers start wiping data from CouchDB and Hadoop databases
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC