Cisco Systems will soon release a VPN client for smartphones and PCs aimed at enterprise administrators who want to provide secure access to their networks and ward off malicious software.
After Palm Inc. admitted that its smartphone sales were below expectations, rumors started swirling that the company might be sold, or that it could be beefing up its product line with a WiMax smartphone for Sprint Nextel.
Smartphone industry pundits wonder whether Palm can survive another year, given Palm's guidance today that its new smartphone sales expectations.
Apple may not see a need to add support for Adobe Systems' Flash multimedia software to a smartphone, but other handset makers do and plan to release software updates soon.
Palm opened up its WebOS developer program to the public on Thursday, saying it expects to see a flood of new applications developed for the mobile OS.
Artifex Software is suing Palm over the PDF (Portable Document Format) viewer in Palm's Pre smartphone, it said on Thursday.
Palm will introduce a Web-based development environment for WebOS applications, called Ares, by the end of this year.
The Palm Pixi, the slimmer sibling of Palm Pre, is set to debut on the Sprint network on Nov. 15. Priced at $100 (after rebates) with a two-year deal, the Pixi is a reworked Pre with a few significant changes, including an exposed (not slide-out) key...
Palm will open its webOS developer program in December and offer developers a choice in how to get their applications to market, the company said Tuesday.
Palm Pre owners should go update their phone, as webOS 1.2 is now available for download. This comes on the heels of a slew of leaks and, of course, an Tunes update that broke the Pre's ability to sync with Apple's software. The bad news is: webOS 1....
Following the news that O2's exclusive UK rights to Apple's iPhone will soon be at an end, with Orange to offer the smartphone in the near future, O2 has responded with a statement that both praises its work with Apple and fights back with mention of...
An industry group says Palm's Pre shouldn't pretend to be something it isn't, namely an Apple product.
Palm said it will stop developing new phones running Windows Mobile software, instead focusing future development on its new WebOS operating system.
Buried amid today's announcement of the new Palm Pixi smartphone was the news that the price of the Palm Pre smartphone will drop to $150, down from $200, after rebates.
Palm Inc. and Sprint Nextel Inc. formally announced the second WebOS smartphone today, the Palm Pixi, and said it will be available in the US from Sprint before the Christmas holidays.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kite-surfing could put rural Brits online
- How to manage data in the BYOD office
- Facts and figures: The rise of Social Media addiction
- Verizon plans 5G trial service in 11 cities this year
- Halo Wars 2 review: Spinning its Warthog wheels in a stagnant RTS genre
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityACT
- CCScrum MasterQLD