Sprint has pulled a $US100 service credit for new Palm Pre buyers just hours after it made the offer.
Steve Jobs attempted to strike a deal with Palm to prevent the rival handset maker hiring Apple employees, according to <a href="http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=ahgf6sIeFZ4c">Bloomberg</a>.
Reports about Palm keeping track of Pre users have shown how location services can backfire, and the importance of making users aware of how information is used.
After weeks work, a grassroots group of Palm Pre enthusiasts will launch a one day developers "camp" in 80 cities this Saturday.
The Palm Pre is going for less than a hundred bucks again, and this time you only have to rush over to your closest Web browser to get it. The online cellular retailer LetsTalk.com is offering the Palm Pre for $99.99, after a combination of mail-in a...
Palm has released an updated version of its webOS Mojo software developer kit, a set of frameworks and APIs for building native applications for the Palm Pre smartphone.
There were some happy shoppers coming out of Best Buy over the weekend after the big box retailer slashed the price of the Palm Pre by fifty percent. The only problem was it may have been a mistake, as other Palm Pre retail outlets including the Spri...
Palm has released a webOS update for the Pre smartphone that features expanded support for Exchange Active Sync policies, a change aimed at enterprise users.
Remember when Apple updated iTunes to version 8.2.1, breaking syncing with the Palm Pre? Well, that feature is back, along with loads of other stuff.
The Palm Pre might be subject to excessively high return rates, according to an equities market researcher. But then again it might not.
The long-awaited Palm Mojo Software Development Kit, for building applications for the Palm Pre device and the webOS platform, is now generally available, a Palm blogger said on Thursday.
Palm today announced that the webOS software development kit is available for any and all developers, sooner than expected.
Since the Palm Pre launched on June 6, it has been hailed with exaggerated exuberance as an iPhone killer and reviled for pesky hardware problems.
Palm confirmed late today that Pre owners can no longer use Apple's iTunes to sync their smartphones to Macs or PCs.
According to a report in the Guardian newspaper UK mobile operator O2 will next week announce a deal with Palm to be the exclusive UK partner for the Palm Pre mobile phone handset. O2 has so far refrained from commenting on the report.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTPlatform EngineerQLD
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA