Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Flat screen: 55-inches Curved screen: 65-inches
Over the past few months we’ve reviewed most of the best TVs on the market. Here we summarize which you should buy next and why. All of these are 4K Ultra High Definition TVs which support High Dynamic Range (unless otherwise stated). They will last ...
Should you buy a UHD TV? What about OLED? Which ecosystem do I want to belong to? Will it work with my smart TV? Does size matter? All this and more answered in our comprehensive TV buying guide.
Panasonic has Samsung and LG in its sights as the company releases 22 televisions this year, of which none are plasma.The new range of televisions eschew plasma panels for those of the LED-backlit LCD variety, but representatives claim they benefit f...
Now that we’ve had a chance to look at both the Panasonic VT30 and the Samsung Series 8 D8000 -- the two best plasma televisions that you can buy today -- we’ve put together a quick comparison for anyone trying to choose between them. Don’t take this...
Whether they were big or small, LED or plasma, all the HDTVs on the CES 2011 show floor had one thing in common--they took the best that came out of last year, and added several slight, but significant, improvements.
Ever since Pioneer stopped selling televisions in Australia, Panasonic has been hailed as one of the top producers of high quality plasma TVs. From low priced entry-level models to high end cinema-standard sets, and with screen sizes ranging from 42i...
In the past few years, video-capable DSLRs and compact interchangeable-lens cameras have gained momentum in the world of filmmaking: they have big sensors, shallow depth-of-field capabilities, versatile interchangeable lenses, and affordable prices w...
Panasonic has released two new Micro Four Thirds-based cameras that are aimed at point-and-shoot consumers looking to step up to something better, or professional users looking for something less bulky yet as capable as a digital SLR. The Panasonic L...
By now you might have seen Pocahontas 3D (aka Avatar) in the cinemas and stared in awe at the glory of three-dimensional images from a two-dimensional screen. You could have that experience in your own lounge room soon.
There have been some interesting changes in the plasma television market in 2009 — most significantly the shock departure of Pioneer, previously the undisputed leader in terms of picture quality. Panasonic stepped up to fill some very large sho...
Father's Day Gift Guide: The best digital cameras, from compact point-and-shoot models to digital SLRs
It doesn't matter if your dad is a photography nut -- or if he has no idea how to take a decent photo -- either way he'll want a camera with good features. This is the type of gift that you can add to as well: once he gets the photography bug he'll u...
Like any self-respecting couch potato, your dad probably owns an HDTV. However, this is only one part of the audio-visual puzzle (the visual part, to be precise). To truly immerse himself in the next Ashes series or latest blockbuster movie, your dad...
So your dad’s a crack shot with a remote control? Is he the only one in the house with the precious know-how to get your set-top box to record correctly? If he’s memorised the times and channels of all the footy, soccer and racing in the TV guide, pe...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW