If you bought a Toshiba laptop between 2011 and 2016 you might have a faulty battery pack eligible for a free replacement.
Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
In another sign of the living spaces of elderly Japanese going hi-tech, seniors in Osaka are undergoing an Internet of Things (IoT) experiment involving cloud-connected air conditioners and motion sensors.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
Panasonic's 2015 range of LED LCD televisions features over 20 new models that span across eight different series, but four of those series, and indeed 60 per cent of the entire range (11 models), is composed of 4K, Ultra High Definition models.
Panasonic is contributing some of its own software and patents to the cause of making the Internet of Things work.
Panasonic's Toughbooks are known for their strength and durability, but the company is trying to resolve some of the heft and size issues with its latest model.
High-res cameras that bring out the faintest details in images are turning heads at this year's CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show in Yokohama, Japan.
Tired of carting around that power cord? Have patience, the 24-hour laptop is almost here.
Panasonic has entered the robot vacuum market with a pricey wedge-shaped droid that gets deep into corners.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
As utopias go, Panasonic's new smart town works if you're keen to be green and don't mind a heavy corporate presence.
Panasonic has vastly expanded a recall of lithium-ion batteries at risk of overheating that affects ruggedized Toughbook tablets as well as notebook computers.
If you're worried about a loved one languishing in an assisted living home, Panasonic has a tablet service to keep you connected.
Power-sipping wearable devices could become smaller with a new rechargeable battery from Panasonic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC