If you bought a Toshiba laptop between 2011 and 2016 you might have a faulty battery pack eligible for a free replacement.
Longtime Tesla battery partner, Panasonic, said it will spend up to $US1.6 billion on the lithium-ion battery Gigafactory in the hopes it can cement its future in automotive electronics.
In another sign of the living spaces of elderly Japanese going hi-tech, seniors in Osaka are undergoing an Internet of Things (IoT) experiment involving cloud-connected air conditioners and motion sensors.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
Panasonic's 2015 range of LED LCD televisions features over 20 new models that span across eight different series, but four of those series, and indeed 60 per cent of the entire range (11 models), is composed of 4K, Ultra High Definition models.
Panasonic is contributing some of its own software and patents to the cause of making the Internet of Things work.
Panasonic's Toughbooks are known for their strength and durability, but the company is trying to resolve some of the heft and size issues with its latest model.
High-res cameras that bring out the faintest details in images are turning heads at this year's CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show in Yokohama, Japan.
Tired of carting around that power cord? Have patience, the 24-hour laptop is almost here.
Panasonic has entered the robot vacuum market with a pricey wedge-shaped droid that gets deep into corners.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
As utopias go, Panasonic's new smart town works if you're keen to be green and don't mind a heavy corporate presence.
Panasonic has vastly expanded a recall of lithium-ion batteries at risk of overheating that affects ruggedized Toughbook tablets as well as notebook computers.
If you're worried about a loved one languishing in an assisted living home, Panasonic has a tablet service to keep you connected.
Power-sipping wearable devices could become smaller with a new rechargeable battery from Panasonic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTApplications ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- TPSenior Configuration Management SpecialistNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC