Today is Patch Tuesday again. The ninth of the year already. Microsoft has released five new security bulletins, and Adobe has joined the party with some security patching of its own today. With all of the vulnerabilities and updates, though, you nee...
Today is Patch Tuesday, and Microsoft is taking it easy on IT admins with a meager two security bulletins this month. But, don't let the small number of updates lull you into a false sense of security. They may be few, but the patches this month are ...
Guess what today is? Yes, it is Fat Tuesday--the official kick off of Mardi Gras.
Bug fixes and security patches don't make for the most exciting Windows update, but they're the high points of Windows 7 Service Pack 1, now widely available for download.
In January, Microsoft only released two security bulletins, but even at the time it was common knowledge that a number of known vulnerabilities were not yet addressed. In February, Microsoft is apparently catching up on patches for outstanding zero-d...
One of the biggest security threats out there doesn't come from malicious hackers or online identity thieves. It actually comes from you, the innocent PC user and your out-of-date software. But you can put an end to that threat with the free Secunia ...
Apple has finally released the highly-anticipated iOS 4.2. While the attention around iOS 4.2 has been focused on the enhancements and new features -- particularly for the iPad, the update also fixes more than 80 vulnerabilities in the iPhone, iPod, ...
Microsoft published its advanced notification for next week's Patch Tuesday. The good news for the November updates is that there are will only be three security bulletins -- a relatively calm month following a record-breaking October. The bad news i...
Adobe released two new security updates today. The patches for Adobe RoboHelp and Adobe InDesign are both rated Important, and Adobe recommends that affected users apply the necessary updates as soon as possible.
Adobe released a handful of patches this week to address serious security vulnerabilities. The most relevant update for the vast majority of users is the patch for Adobe Flash Player, but IT admins should also be aware of the updates for ColdFusion a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT