A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
Tech companies including Google, Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Facebook are backing Samsung Electronics as it appeals a court ruling to pay Apple almost US$1 billion in damages in a patent infringement suit.
A federal court in Texas has ordered a new trial on damages in a patent infringement dispute between Apple and Smartflash that could modify an earlier US$533 million damages award to the patent-licensing company.
Microsoft and Kyocera have put an end to a patent spat that began earlier this year by expanding a patent cross-licensing deal between them.
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near ...
Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interest...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT