A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
Tech companies including Google, Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Facebook are backing Samsung Electronics as it appeals a court ruling to pay Apple almost US$1 billion in damages in a patent infringement suit.
A federal court in Texas has ordered a new trial on damages in a patent infringement dispute between Apple and Smartflash that could modify an earlier US$533 million damages award to the patent-licensing company.
Microsoft and Kyocera have put an end to a patent spat that began earlier this year by expanding a patent cross-licensing deal between them.
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near ...
Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interest...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC