How much value do you put on certain features in the cellphone you buy? Most consumers probably don't assign a dollar value to specific items, but the detailed calculations handset manufacturers make were at the heart of arguments Thursday as Apple a...
The German Federal Patent Court has branded as partly invalid a Motorola message synchronization patent that was used to force Apple to switch off iOS push email services in Germany for more than a year.
A court in California is considering sanctions against Samsung Electronics and its lawyers in view of concerns that the external counsel may have shared confidential information from Apple with Samsung, according to a court document.
The U.S. Congress should take action to slow a skyrocketing number of "deceptive" patent infringement demand letters sent from patent licensing firms to small businesses, witnesses told a Senate committee.
The Rockstar Consortium that acquired Nortel Networks' patents filed Thursday patent infringement suits against Google, Samsung, HTC and five other companies.
A number of HTC devices including its flagship HTC One smartphone infringe on a Nokia mobile networks standards patent, a U.K. court ruled Wednesday.
A federal jury in Texas found that Apple had not infringed on a patent related to CDMA and HSPA communications technologies owned by patent-licensing firm Wi-LAN.
New patent reform legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday aims to make it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file infringement lawsuits.
Apple and Samsung Electronics exchanged heated words in court Tuesday over allegations that Samsung's lawyers leaked details of confidential Apple licensing agreements to Samsung executives.
Interested parties, including Apple, may comment on a proposal from Samsung to refrain from seeking injunctions for five years against any company that agrees to a licensing framework regarding mobile standard essential patents in Europe.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has upheld an import ban on some older-model Samsung Electronics smartphones and tablets after the U.S. International Trade Commission determined they infringed Apple patents.
Apple and Samsung Electronics will return to a Silicon Valley federal court on Nov. 12 for a retrial of their billion-dollar 2012 patent battle, and Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller may come back to testify.
Samsung's lawyers may have provided their clients access to highly confidential information such as Apple's patent licensing agreements with Nokia, Ericsson, Sharp and Philips, according to a court document.
HTC and Qualcomm are reworking a radio chip for the HTC One smartphone in order to avoid a U.S. ban on imports of patent-infringing technology, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Apple switched on its push email services for iOS devices in Germany again after posting a bond of €100 million (US$135 million).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW