How much value do you put on certain features in the cellphone you buy? Most consumers probably don't assign a dollar value to specific items, but the detailed calculations handset manufacturers make were at the heart of arguments Thursday as Apple a...
The German Federal Patent Court has branded as partly invalid a Motorola message synchronization patent that was used to force Apple to switch off iOS push email services in Germany for more than a year.
A court in California is considering sanctions against Samsung Electronics and its lawyers in view of concerns that the external counsel may have shared confidential information from Apple with Samsung, according to a court document.
The U.S. Congress should take action to slow a skyrocketing number of "deceptive" patent infringement demand letters sent from patent licensing firms to small businesses, witnesses told a Senate committee.
The Rockstar Consortium that acquired Nortel Networks' patents filed Thursday patent infringement suits against Google, Samsung, HTC and five other companies.
A number of HTC devices including its flagship HTC One smartphone infringe on a Nokia mobile networks standards patent, a U.K. court ruled Wednesday.
A federal jury in Texas found that Apple had not infringed on a patent related to CDMA and HSPA communications technologies owned by patent-licensing firm Wi-LAN.
New patent reform legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday aims to make it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file infringement lawsuits.
Apple and Samsung Electronics exchanged heated words in court Tuesday over allegations that Samsung's lawyers leaked details of confidential Apple licensing agreements to Samsung executives.
Interested parties, including Apple, may comment on a proposal from Samsung to refrain from seeking injunctions for five years against any company that agrees to a licensing framework regarding mobile standard essential patents in Europe.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has upheld an import ban on some older-model Samsung Electronics smartphones and tablets after the U.S. International Trade Commission determined they infringed Apple patents.
Apple and Samsung Electronics will return to a Silicon Valley federal court on Nov. 12 for a retrial of their billion-dollar 2012 patent battle, and Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller may come back to testify.
Samsung's lawyers may have provided their clients access to highly confidential information such as Apple's patent licensing agreements with Nokia, Ericsson, Sharp and Philips, according to a court document.
HTC and Qualcomm are reworking a radio chip for the HTC One smartphone in order to avoid a U.S. ban on imports of patent-infringing technology, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Apple switched on its push email services for iOS devices in Germany again after posting a bond of €100 million (US$135 million).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW