The United States International Trade Commission expects to complete its investigation into allegations of patent infringement between Apple and Samsung at the end of next week, it said Thursday.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has rejected claims of an Apple patent that figures prominently in a patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung Electronics, according to documents filed by the South Korean company in a U.S. federal court.
Patent firm Eolas Technologies lost an appeal against Google, J.C. Penney, Yahoo and Amazon.com in a long-drawn lawsuit involving key Web patents.
Google has acquired from the SR Tech Group a portfolio of U.S. patents and patent applications that includes several speech related patents.
A court's decision not to prevent multiple Samsung handsets from being sold in the U.S. despite their being found to infringe Apple patents will go before an appeal's court in early August.
Though roundly ridiculed when it debuted in 1995, Microsoft Bob, or something resembling the short-lived on-screen assistant, will ultimately return, vowed Bill Gates, co-founder and chairman of Microsoft.
Samsung Electronics has requested a new trial for a patent related to a US$1 billion infringement ruling against it in a case brought by rival Apple, due to a re-examination of the patent at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Apple has asked the U.S. International Trade Commission to stay a ban on certain iPhone and iPad models pending an appeal.
Boston University is seeking to ban Apple from selling some of its products, besides demanding damages for the alleged infringement of a semiconductor patent invented by a university professor.
Apple is appealing a US$368 million award granted to patent holding company VirnetX by a federal court in Texas.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has launched a pilot program to test whether early rulings on identified crucial issues in some investigations could limit unnecessary litigation, saving time and costs for all sides.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to investigate HTC for patent infringement based on a complaint Nokia filed in May that targets several phones from the Taiwanese handset maker, including the HTC One.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will launch an investigation of the business practices of so-called patent trolls in an effort to understand whether those companies are harming competition and consumers, the agency's chairwoman said.
Intellectual Ventures, a large patent-licensing firm, has filed a second patent-infringement lawsuit against Motorola Mobility while its first patent lawsuit is still pending in a Delaware count.
The USPTO has confirmed four claims of Apple's overscroll bounce patent, including claim 19 of the patent, according to a document filed with a Californian court on Thursday. That claim played a crucial part in Apple's US$1.05 billion dollar lawsuit ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW