A handful of Samsung smartphones infringe an Apple patent on text selection, according to the initial determination of a U.S. International Trade Commission judge.
Cloud computing company Rackspace has sued two companies it describes as 'patent trolls' for breach of contract, and asked a federal court for a declaratory judgment that it did not infringe three patents owned by one of the companies, Parallel Iron.
A German court has invalidated an Apple patent for the slide-to-unlock feature on mobile phones, according to a published report.
Apple responded to a Samsung Electronics' claim that the U.S. patent office had rejected multiple claims of Apple's "overscroll bounce" patent by stating that the reexamination is not finished.
Computers was the biggest area for patent activity worldwide last year, but medical devices saw the most growth, according to a new report this week.
The USPTO has reinstated three claims in an Apple patent it had earlier said it was minded to reject -- but not the claim involved in Apple's US$1.05 billion dollar lawsuit against Samsung, according to documents filed by Samsung with a Californian c...
SAP has filed a court action against patent holder Pi-Net International, which it says has filed patent infringement lawsuits against a number of SAP customers.
Networking and telecom equipment vendor Huawei has lost a patent lawsuit it filed in France against ZTE over a USB connector patent, ZTE said on Friday.
Google will not sue any user, distributor or developer of open-source software on specified patents, unless first attacked, the company said on Thursday.
Red Hat and Rackspace have won an early dismissal of a patent infringement claim brought by Uniloc, in a decision the companies are hailing as a potential landmark in intellectual property law.
The land rush for mobile patents is so feverish that about one-quarter of all patents issued in the U.S. this year will be mobile-related, according to a study released on Wednesday.
Ericsson has sued Indian mobile handset vendor Micromax in an Indian court, alleging infringement of eight of its patents without payment of any consideration.
Nokia said on Monday it is not prepared to license any of its patented technologies that might be essential to the VP8 video codec that is backed by Google.
An administrative law judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against a ban on Microsoft's Xbox as he found it did not violate a patent owned by Motorola Mobility.
A company owned by Sony and Philips is suing Apple, alleging it's infringed numerous patents covering digital rights management technology.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW