Nokia has won an injunction against the sale in Germany of some HTC handsets that infringe on a power-saving technology for mobile phones.
Networking and telecom equipment vendor Huawei has won a provisional injunction against sales of 4G base stations by competitor ZTE in Germany.
A jury in Texas found that Cisco Systems did not infringe four patents held by VirnetX Holding, according to court records.
The U.S. Congress needs to shut down so-called patent trolls whose infringement lawsuits are diverting company resources from hiring and research, a group of technology companies told lawmakers Thursday.
Google has created a new website describing four types of patent cross-licensing agreements and is inviting other companies to vote on which one it should adopt.
A judge in California has ruled that a patent infringement lawsuit between Apple and Samsung Electronics will continue, after indicating earlier that she would like to put the case on hold pending resolution of an appeal in another patent dispute bet...
The Android operating system has been cleared of patent infringement in a case brought by Nokia against Android smartphone maker HTC.
Patents management company MPEG LA announced agreements with Google, granting the Internet giant a license to techniques that may be essential to the VP8 video codec that the Internet giant backs.
A U.K. court has invalidated three Samsung patents that cover 3G technology in two rulings in cases between Samsung and Apple, according to court filings published on Thursday.
Samsung filed the most patent applications in Europe last year according figures released by the European Patent Office (EPO) on Wednesday.
A judge has ordered a partial retrial in Apple's patent lawsuit against Samsung in California, and has cut hundreds of millions of dollars from the $1 billion in damages that Apple was awarded last summer.
So-called patent trolls force tech companies to spend money on lawyers instead of innovation, and the U.S. Congress needs to discourage infringement lawsuits from patent-collecting companies, a group of tech and business representatives said.
A Tokyo court ruled Thursday that Apple did not infringe a Samsung patent, a small win for Apple in the continuing legal wrangling between the two companies.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require a losing plaintiff to pay legal costs in many patent infringement lawsuits, in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing court cases.
Security company Maz Encryption Technologies sued seven large technology companies for allegedly infringing on several of its security patents. The suits target security technology used in the iPhone and iPad as well as the BlackBerry Enterprise Solu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC