Networking and telecom equipment vendor Huawei has won a provisional injunction against sales of 4G base stations by competitor ZTE in Germany.
A jury in Texas found that Cisco Systems did not infringe four patents held by VirnetX Holding, according to court records.
The U.S. Congress needs to shut down so-called patent trolls whose infringement lawsuits are diverting company resources from hiring and research, a group of technology companies told lawmakers Thursday.
Google has created a new website describing four types of patent cross-licensing agreements and is inviting other companies to vote on which one it should adopt.
A judge in California has ruled that a patent infringement lawsuit between Apple and Samsung Electronics will continue, after indicating earlier that she would like to put the case on hold pending resolution of an appeal in another patent dispute bet...
The Android operating system has been cleared of patent infringement in a case brought by Nokia against Android smartphone maker HTC.
Patents management company MPEG LA announced agreements with Google, granting the Internet giant a license to techniques that may be essential to the VP8 video codec that the Internet giant backs.
A U.K. court has invalidated three Samsung patents that cover 3G technology in two rulings in cases between Samsung and Apple, according to court filings published on Thursday.
Samsung filed the most patent applications in Europe last year according figures released by the European Patent Office (EPO) on Wednesday.
A judge has ordered a partial retrial in Apple's patent lawsuit against Samsung in California, and has cut hundreds of millions of dollars from the $1 billion in damages that Apple was awarded last summer.
So-called patent trolls force tech companies to spend money on lawyers instead of innovation, and the U.S. Congress needs to discourage infringement lawsuits from patent-collecting companies, a group of tech and business representatives said.
A Tokyo court ruled Thursday that Apple did not infringe a Samsung patent, a small win for Apple in the continuing legal wrangling between the two companies.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require a losing plaintiff to pay legal costs in many patent infringement lawsuits, in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing court cases.
Security company Maz Encryption Technologies sued seven large technology companies for allegedly infringing on several of its security patents. The suits target security technology used in the iPhone and iPad as well as the BlackBerry Enterprise Solu...
The patent trial in Australia between Apple and Samsung Electronics has become so complex that a second judge has been assigned to the case.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - VMwareNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW