The patent trial in Australia between Apple and Samsung Electronics has become so complex that a second judge has been assigned to the case.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to review a December ruling by an administrative law judge that Apple did not violate a Motorola Mobility patent relating to a sensor controlled user interface for a portable communication device.
The judge overseeing Apple's two lawsuits against Samsung in California has indicated she would like to put the second case on hold pending resolution of the first case, the trial for which ended last summer with a big win for Apple.
Google filed a patent infringement lawsuit against BT Group companies in a court in the U.S. stating it was defending itself against the British communications services company's own "meritless patent claims" and its arming of patent trolls.
Tela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility, before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
U.S. companies shouldn't be able to get patents on abstract ideas when they combine those ideas with a computer process, a lawyer argued in an appeals court Friday.
A U.S. district court judge has ruled that 13 Motorola Mobility patent claims related to digital video are invalid in a patent licensing case brought by Microsoft.
Should an abstract idea written into software and run on a computer be patentable? That's one question a U.S. appeals court will consider Friday when it hears arguments in a case with broad implications for software patents for companies as diverse a...
The U.S. International Trade Commission aims to wrap up its investigation into a patent battle between Apple and Samsung by August this year, it said Tuesday.
Intellectual property company I/P Engine has sued Microsoft for infringing two search patents it acquired from Lycos.
A U.S. appeals court has denied Apple a rehearing on the rejection of an injunction on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Nexus. Apple had earlier questioned a criterion for preliminary injunctions used by the court.
The U.S. International Trade Commission plans to investigate the smartphones of Samsung, Nokia and Chinese vendors Huawei and ZTE for patent infringement, after wireless technology provider InterDigital filed a complaint.
MacroSolve, an Oklahoma company focused on enforcing its patents, has added Sears to a growing list of companies it has targeted with patent infringement lawsuits, it said Wednesday.
A court in California denied Samsung Electronics a retrial in a patent infringement dispute with Apple, and also declined to raise the damages earlier awarded to Apple by a jury.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW