The patent trial in Australia between Apple and Samsung Electronics has become so complex that a second judge has been assigned to the case.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to review a December ruling by an administrative law judge that Apple did not violate a Motorola Mobility patent relating to a sensor controlled user interface for a portable communication device.
The judge overseeing Apple's two lawsuits against Samsung in California has indicated she would like to put the second case on hold pending resolution of the first case, the trial for which ended last summer with a big win for Apple.
Google filed a patent infringement lawsuit against BT Group companies in a court in the U.S. stating it was defending itself against the British communications services company's own "meritless patent claims" and its arming of patent trolls.
Tela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility, before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
U.S. companies shouldn't be able to get patents on abstract ideas when they combine those ideas with a computer process, a lawyer argued in an appeals court Friday.
A U.S. district court judge has ruled that 13 Motorola Mobility patent claims related to digital video are invalid in a patent licensing case brought by Microsoft.
Should an abstract idea written into software and run on a computer be patentable? That's one question a U.S. appeals court will consider Friday when it hears arguments in a case with broad implications for software patents for companies as diverse a...
The U.S. International Trade Commission aims to wrap up its investigation into a patent battle between Apple and Samsung by August this year, it said Tuesday.
Intellectual property company I/P Engine has sued Microsoft for infringing two search patents it acquired from Lycos.
A U.S. appeals court has denied Apple a rehearing on the rejection of an injunction on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Nexus. Apple had earlier questioned a criterion for preliminary injunctions used by the court.
The U.S. International Trade Commission plans to investigate the smartphones of Samsung, Nokia and Chinese vendors Huawei and ZTE for patent infringement, after wireless technology provider InterDigital filed a complaint.
MacroSolve, an Oklahoma company focused on enforcing its patents, has added Sears to a growing list of companies it has targeted with patent infringement lawsuits, it said Wednesday.
A court in California denied Samsung Electronics a retrial in a patent infringement dispute with Apple, and also declined to raise the damages earlier awarded to Apple by a jury.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 5G is coming, but don't get carried away, T-Mobile USA's CTO says
- Lenovo's Yoga 720 brings a bit of game with discrete GTX 1050 graphics
- Lenovo innovation goes on a break with Tab 4 Android tablets
- Lenovo's $199 Miix 320 laptop may challenge cheap Chromebooks
- MediaTek wants to put its new 10-core chip in $300 VR smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTMobile Gaming SupportQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC