The patent trial in Australia between Apple and Samsung Electronics has become so complex that a second judge has been assigned to the case.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to review a December ruling by an administrative law judge that Apple did not violate a Motorola Mobility patent relating to a sensor controlled user interface for a portable communication device.
The judge overseeing Apple's two lawsuits against Samsung in California has indicated she would like to put the second case on hold pending resolution of the first case, the trial for which ended last summer with a big win for Apple.
Google filed a patent infringement lawsuit against BT Group companies in a court in the U.S. stating it was defending itself against the British communications services company's own "meritless patent claims" and its arming of patent trolls.
Tela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility, before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
U.S. companies shouldn't be able to get patents on abstract ideas when they combine those ideas with a computer process, a lawyer argued in an appeals court Friday.
A U.S. district court judge has ruled that 13 Motorola Mobility patent claims related to digital video are invalid in a patent licensing case brought by Microsoft.
Should an abstract idea written into software and run on a computer be patentable? That's one question a U.S. appeals court will consider Friday when it hears arguments in a case with broad implications for software patents for companies as diverse a...
The U.S. International Trade Commission aims to wrap up its investigation into a patent battle between Apple and Samsung by August this year, it said Tuesday.
Intellectual property company I/P Engine has sued Microsoft for infringing two search patents it acquired from Lycos.
A U.S. appeals court has denied Apple a rehearing on the rejection of an injunction on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Nexus. Apple had earlier questioned a criterion for preliminary injunctions used by the court.
The U.S. International Trade Commission plans to investigate the smartphones of Samsung, Nokia and Chinese vendors Huawei and ZTE for patent infringement, after wireless technology provider InterDigital filed a complaint.
MacroSolve, an Oklahoma company focused on enforcing its patents, has added Sears to a growing list of companies it has targeted with patent infringement lawsuits, it said Wednesday.
A court in California denied Samsung Electronics a retrial in a patent infringement dispute with Apple, and also declined to raise the damages earlier awarded to Apple by a jury.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
- PC World Test rig 2017
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD