The patent trial in Australia between Apple and Samsung Electronics has become so complex that a second judge has been assigned to the case.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to review a December ruling by an administrative law judge that Apple did not violate a Motorola Mobility patent relating to a sensor controlled user interface for a portable communication device.
The judge overseeing Apple's two lawsuits against Samsung in California has indicated she would like to put the second case on hold pending resolution of the first case, the trial for which ended last summer with a big win for Apple.
Google filed a patent infringement lawsuit against BT Group companies in a court in the U.S. stating it was defending itself against the British communications services company's own "meritless patent claims" and its arming of patent trolls.
Tela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility, before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
U.S. companies shouldn't be able to get patents on abstract ideas when they combine those ideas with a computer process, a lawyer argued in an appeals court Friday.
A U.S. district court judge has ruled that 13 Motorola Mobility patent claims related to digital video are invalid in a patent licensing case brought by Microsoft.
Should an abstract idea written into software and run on a computer be patentable? That's one question a U.S. appeals court will consider Friday when it hears arguments in a case with broad implications for software patents for companies as diverse a...
The U.S. International Trade Commission aims to wrap up its investigation into a patent battle between Apple and Samsung by August this year, it said Tuesday.
Intellectual property company I/P Engine has sued Microsoft for infringing two search patents it acquired from Lycos.
A U.S. appeals court has denied Apple a rehearing on the rejection of an injunction on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Nexus. Apple had earlier questioned a criterion for preliminary injunctions used by the court.
The U.S. International Trade Commission plans to investigate the smartphones of Samsung, Nokia and Chinese vendors Huawei and ZTE for patent infringement, after wireless technology provider InterDigital filed a complaint.
MacroSolve, an Oklahoma company focused on enforcing its patents, has added Sears to a growing list of companies it has targeted with patent infringement lawsuits, it said Wednesday.
A court in California denied Samsung Electronics a retrial in a patent infringement dispute with Apple, and also declined to raise the damages earlier awarded to Apple by a jury.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Gain access to an ARM server running Linux OS, through the cloud
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW