A patent agreement between Apple and HTC forbids the Taiwanese company from making and selling mobile devices that copy what is described as the 'Distinctive Apple User Experience," according to a redacted version of the agreement filed in a Californ...
Intervening in a patent dispute between Apple and Motorola Mobility, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has opposed bans on the sale of products that include standardized, patented technology when the patent holder has previously committed to license ...
Apple and Samsung will return on Thursday to the San Jose courtroom where they battled over cell phone patents earlier this year, and Apple subsequently won damages of $1.05 billion.
Two days ahead of the first post-trial hearing in the patent infringement fight between Apple and Samsung, a California judge has signaled to lawyers for both companies that she expects them to follow her instructions and work by her rules.
Apple's patent license agreement with HTC will not be put entirely under seal, except for the pricing and royalty terms, a court in California ordered in a patent infringement lawsuit between Samsung Electronics and Apple.
Just a few days after Ericsson filed several patent-infringement lawsuits against Samsung in the U.S., the Swedish mobile phone company also filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking for an import ban of a wide rang...
A District Judge in Seattle denied Motorola Mobility an injunction on Microsoft's products that allegedly infringe its H.264 and 802.11 standards-essential patents.
A Dutch court has banned sales of Samsung Electronics' Galaxy products that infringe on an Apple patent describing a way to scroll through a photo gallery using a touchscreen.
Telecommunications equipment vendor Ericsson has asked a U.S. court to block sales of a variety of Samsung Electronics cameras, Blu-ray Disc players, televisions and phones, including the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Note II, alleging that they infrin...
Apple is seeking to add six Samsung products in a patent infringement lawsuit between the electronic giants scheduled to start in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California in March 2014.
Samsung Electronics has alleged that three recent products from Apple, including the iPad mini, infringe on its patents.
A court in California has ordered Apple to produce without delay an unredacted version of its recent patent agreement with HTC, after Samsung Electronics said the agreement was relevant to its patent infringement dispute with Apple.
Phase one of a patent trial between Microsoft and Motorola Mobility has concluded in Washington state, and the presiding judge will now try to calculate what he thinks is a fair royalty rate for Motorola's patents.
Price of simpler European patents is an increase of software patent dangers, open source group warns
The European Union is readying a way to make the process of obtaining a patent simpler and less expensive, but it could also make it dangerously easy for litigants to block sales of their competitors' products across the region, according to a French...
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to review an earlier decision that Apple did not infringe four patents of Samsung Electronics in its mobile devices including the iPhone and iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
- Cisco patch stops attackers from taking over TelePresence systems
- Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
- Box launches a product just for government users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC