Lawyers for Oracle and SAP are due in court Wednesday to argue post-trial motions in their TomorrowNow lawsuit, with SAP seeking a new trial and a reduction of the US$1.3 billion jury award it was ordered to pay.
Apple has enough courtroom action going on right now to fill up half-a-dozen prime-time legal dramas. Fortunately, you don't need to worry about keeping your HTC and Samsung patent disputes straight--we do it for you in another edition of Under the G...
U.S. and Canadian courts have approved the sale of thousands of patents from bankrupt Nortel Networks to a consortium including Apple and Microsoft for about US$4.5 billion.
Apple has filed another complaint against HTC with the U.S. International Trade Commission, alleging patent infringement by the Taiwanese smartphone and tablet maker.
Oracle this week filed what is likely the first of several requests that the patent office reconsider its initial rejection of a patent relevant to Oracle's legal dispute with Google.
Will handset makers maintain their dedication to Android if they have to pay to license it? That's the question experts following Google's battle with Oracle are asking, and some of them think the answer is no.
Amazon.com has lost an appeal to be granted a patent for its "one-click" ordering system, with the European Patent Office (EPO) ruling that the method was too obvious and not inventive.
Smartphone vendor High Tech Computer (HTC) will acquire graphics chip maker S3 Graphics for US$300 million, strengthening its patent portfolio in the process.
Google has asked a California court to throw out the testimony of an expert witness who said Google should pay Oracle as much as US$6 billion for allegedly infringing on Java patents and copyright.
Samsung is withdrawing a countersuit against Apple in the ongoing patent infringement battle between the two. It is not surrendering, but seems to be falling back and regrouping--consolidating its legal position and business operations.
Apple took its patent infringement suit against Samsung to the next level on Friday when it asked the U.S. District Court to issue a preliminary injunction against sales of a Samsung tablet and phones.
Nortel Networks has auctioned off its remaining patents and patent applications to a consortium of key technology companies for a cash purchase price of US$4.5 billion.
A ruling on Eastman Kodak's patent case against Apple and Research In Motion may be delayed until August after the U.S. International Trade Commission sent the issue back to a judge who had earlier ruled against Kodak.
Microsoft signed two deals this week with companies that agreed to pay royalties for technology used in Android devices, following a similar deal the software giant made with HTC last year.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve a bill that would overhaul the U.S. patent system and allow for a new review of patents after they are approved by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW