Apple will not be allowed a new trial on damages for infringement of its patents by Samsung Electronics, a U.S. court decided Monday.
Nvidia has sued Samsung and Qualcomm for allegedly infringing seven of its patents related to GPUs, and is trying to block the sale of some Samsung products in the U.S.
Apple has asked a U.S. court to award it monetary damages for continuing infringement of three of its patents by Samsung Electronics, following the court's refusal to ban sales of the infringing products.
Apple will appeal a judge's order this week that denied its request for a sales ban on Samsung products that were found to infringe its patents.
A U.S. judge has denied Apple's request for a permanent sales ban in a patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung in California.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has rejected some claims of an Apple patent that was one of the basis for a recent damages award in a dispute with Samsung Electronics.
Apple and Samsung Electronics have agreed to end their patent litigation outside the U.S., in an indication of a softening of their dispute that has extended across many countries.
Microsoft filed suit against Samsung on Friday, claiming the device maker has backed out of an agreement that requires it to pay licensing fees to Microsoft for the Android phones it sells.
Headphone maker Bose has launched a patent-infringement lawsuit against rival Beats Electronics, which Apple recently agreed to acquire in a US$3 billion deal.
China's anti-monopoly investigation of Qualcomm is starting to disrupt its licensing business and making it harder for the U.S. company to collect royalties from the country.
Google, Dropbox and a few other high-tech firms have come up with a new way to help defend themselves against patent trolls.
Samsung Electronics has asked a court in California to hold invalid claims of two Apple patents in the wake of a U.S. Supreme Court decision that tightened standards for patentability.
Nintendo's Wii and Wii U game consoles infringe two Philips remote control patents, the England and Wales High Court ruled Friday.
Android devices running Java applications do not infringe on patents belonging to SIM card maker Gemalto, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled.
An abstract idea is not patentable simply because it is tied to a computer system, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled, potentially making it more difficult to patent some software in the future.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA