Apple will not be allowed a new trial on damages for infringement of its patents by Samsung Electronics, a U.S. court decided Monday.
Nvidia has sued Samsung and Qualcomm for allegedly infringing seven of its patents related to GPUs, and is trying to block the sale of some Samsung products in the U.S.
Apple has asked a U.S. court to award it monetary damages for continuing infringement of three of its patents by Samsung Electronics, following the court's refusal to ban sales of the infringing products.
Apple will appeal a judge's order this week that denied its request for a sales ban on Samsung products that were found to infringe its patents.
A U.S. judge has denied Apple's request for a permanent sales ban in a patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung in California.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has rejected some claims of an Apple patent that was one of the basis for a recent damages award in a dispute with Samsung Electronics.
Apple and Samsung Electronics have agreed to end their patent litigation outside the U.S., in an indication of a softening of their dispute that has extended across many countries.
Microsoft filed suit against Samsung on Friday, claiming the device maker has backed out of an agreement that requires it to pay licensing fees to Microsoft for the Android phones it sells.
Headphone maker Bose has launched a patent-infringement lawsuit against rival Beats Electronics, which Apple recently agreed to acquire in a US$3 billion deal.
China's anti-monopoly investigation of Qualcomm is starting to disrupt its licensing business and making it harder for the U.S. company to collect royalties from the country.
Google, Dropbox and a few other high-tech firms have come up with a new way to help defend themselves against patent trolls.
Samsung Electronics has asked a court in California to hold invalid claims of two Apple patents in the wake of a U.S. Supreme Court decision that tightened standards for patentability.
Nintendo's Wii and Wii U game consoles infringe two Philips remote control patents, the England and Wales High Court ruled Friday.
Android devices running Java applications do not infringe on patents belonging to SIM card maker Gemalto, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled.
An abstract idea is not patentable simply because it is tied to a computer system, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled, potentially making it more difficult to patent some software in the future.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
- Rovi to acquire TiVo for $1.1 billion
- Phishing apps posing as popular payment services infiltrate Google Play
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW