Chinese mobile phone maker ZTE is doing battle in Europe with a firm that holds a portfolio of standards-essential patents, saying that it is impeding fair competition by not licensing the intellectual property on reasonable terms.
Samsung has signed a patent deal with InterDigital, a week before the U.S. International Trade Commission could have decided to ban the import of several Samsung phones into the U.S.
Following up on a jury verdict, Apple has asked a court in California to order Samsung Electronics to stop using features that were found to infringe three of its patents.
Legislation aimed at curbing so-called patent trolls may be dead until 2015 after the chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee pulled the bill off the committee's agenda, citing a lack of consensus.
Samsung won't be able to reintroduce a bounce-back photo gallery feature in the Netherlands after a Dutch court banned the sale of all current and future devices infringing an Apple patent.
Apple and Samsung Electronics told a court in California that they had failed to reach a settlement in their patent dispute, suggesting that a deal akin to that between Google and Apple may not be on the cards anytime soon.
Two giants of the mobile phone industry, Apple and Google, have agreed to drop all current patent infringement lawsuits between them, they said Friday.
A bid by Samsung Electronics to get a Texas court to dismiss a patent infringement complaint by Apple-backed Rockstar was rejected after the judge decided Thursday that a Rockstar subsidiary had standing to sue.
Philips wants to ban U.S. imports and sales of Nintendo's Wii gaming consoles and controllers, alleging they infringe two of its patents.
The Apple-Samsung jury returned to court Monday to fix an error in its verdict form, but in doing so it declined to award Apple any additional damages.
Apple was dealt a blow in its second major patent-infringement lawsuit against Samsung when a Silicon Valley jury awarded the iPhone maker damages of just US$119.65 million for Samsung's infringement of several of its smartphone patents.
The jury deciding the US$2.2 billion patent-infringement lawsuit between Apple and Samsung began its first full day of deliberations trying to tackle the question of what Steve Jobs said when he decided to sue Samsung and whether he also wanted to go...
Samsung deliberately copied several key iPhone features in an attempt to catch up in the phone market, Apple charged as it wrapped up a jury trial against Samsung in San Jose on Tuesday.
Google-owned Motorola Mobility has been found guilty of breaching EU competition law but escaped a fine from European Union regulators.
Lawyers for Samsung got a reminder of Judge Lucy Koh's temper on Monday morning when a remark made by one of their witnesses made them the target of her anger for more than 20 minutes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT