Chinese mobile phone maker ZTE is doing battle in Europe with a firm that holds a portfolio of standards-essential patents, saying that it is impeding fair competition by not licensing the intellectual property on reasonable terms.
Samsung has signed a patent deal with InterDigital, a week before the U.S. International Trade Commission could have decided to ban the import of several Samsung phones into the U.S.
Following up on a jury verdict, Apple has asked a court in California to order Samsung Electronics to stop using features that were found to infringe three of its patents.
Legislation aimed at curbing so-called patent trolls may be dead until 2015 after the chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee pulled the bill off the committee's agenda, citing a lack of consensus.
Samsung won't be able to reintroduce a bounce-back photo gallery feature in the Netherlands after a Dutch court banned the sale of all current and future devices infringing an Apple patent.
Apple and Samsung Electronics told a court in California that they had failed to reach a settlement in their patent dispute, suggesting that a deal akin to that between Google and Apple may not be on the cards anytime soon.
Two giants of the mobile phone industry, Apple and Google, have agreed to drop all current patent infringement lawsuits between them, they said Friday.
A bid by Samsung Electronics to get a Texas court to dismiss a patent infringement complaint by Apple-backed Rockstar was rejected after the judge decided Thursday that a Rockstar subsidiary had standing to sue.
Philips wants to ban U.S. imports and sales of Nintendo's Wii gaming consoles and controllers, alleging they infringe two of its patents.
The Apple-Samsung jury returned to court Monday to fix an error in its verdict form, but in doing so it declined to award Apple any additional damages.
Apple was dealt a blow in its second major patent-infringement lawsuit against Samsung when a Silicon Valley jury awarded the iPhone maker damages of just US$119.65 million for Samsung's infringement of several of its smartphone patents.
The jury deciding the US$2.2 billion patent-infringement lawsuit between Apple and Samsung began its first full day of deliberations trying to tackle the question of what Steve Jobs said when he decided to sue Samsung and whether he also wanted to go...
Samsung deliberately copied several key iPhone features in an attempt to catch up in the phone market, Apple charged as it wrapped up a jury trial against Samsung in San Jose on Tuesday.
Google-owned Motorola Mobility has been found guilty of breaching EU competition law but escaped a fine from European Union regulators.
Lawyers for Samsung got a reminder of Judge Lucy Koh's temper on Monday morning when a remark made by one of their witnesses made them the target of her anger for more than 20 minutes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW