The success of Samsung's Galaxy S Android phones just became a cash cow for Microsoft, thanks to a patent cross-licensing agreement in which Microsoft gets paid for every Android phone or tablet Samsung sells.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
Software patents have figured prominently in the news in recent weeks, thanks not just to Oracle's attack on Google but also--more recently--to Paul Allen's breathtaking multi-victim onslaught.
The European Court of Justice looks set to derail plans for a common patent system across the European Union. The court's Advocate General believes that a centralized patent is "incompatible with the treaties" that created the E.U., according to a le...
Finjan has sued five rival security companies, including Symantec and McAfee, claiming it holds crucial patents used by popular antivirus products and security services.
Microsoft may be on its way to earning a percentage of every Android handset sold, something even Google hasn't accomplished.
Apple has announced it is suing Taiwanese maker of smartphones HTC for infringing on 20 patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTServer EngineerNSW