The success of Samsung's Galaxy S Android phones just became a cash cow for Microsoft, thanks to a patent cross-licensing agreement in which Microsoft gets paid for every Android phone or tablet Samsung sells.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
Software patents have figured prominently in the news in recent weeks, thanks not just to Oracle's attack on Google but also--more recently--to Paul Allen's breathtaking multi-victim onslaught.
The European Court of Justice looks set to derail plans for a common patent system across the European Union. The court's Advocate General believes that a centralized patent is "incompatible with the treaties" that created the E.U., according to a le...
Finjan has sued five rival security companies, including Symantec and McAfee, claiming it holds crucial patents used by popular antivirus products and security services.
The U.S. International Trade Commission will investigate complaints by Apple that Eastman Kodak violated its patents related to digital imaging devices and software, the latest dispute in a long-standing patent skirmish between the two companies.
No change: That's the result of an 18-monthlong appeals process that the president of the European Patent Office hoped would clarify the rules on whether software may be patented.
HTC said it filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission charging Apple with infringing on five patents.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office confirmed a patent held by i4i that has been at the heart of a dispute with Microsoft.
A U.S. federal jury has found that Novell and Red Hat were not guilty of infringing on user interface patents held by IP Innovation.
Microsoft announced that it will collect royalties on HTC's Android phones through a patent licensing deal. Microsoft isn't saying much about what patents are covered, but it's clear that HTC's Android phones in some way use technology that's patente...
Microsoft has licensed some of its patents to mobile phone maker HTC for use on the company's Android-based smartphones, it said Tuesday.
IBM will not use its open-source patents in any potential legal actions it may bring against TurboHercules, an IBM company executive seemingly asserted on Wednesday.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to investigate smartphones from Taiwan's HTC based on Apple's claims of patent infringement.
A touchpad manufacturer that last year sued Apple for patent infringement filed a complaint Monday with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking it to ban imports of Apple products, including the iPad and iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT