He's also asking for 1.5 percent of all future iPhone sales—around $3.5 billion per year.
Nvidia and Samsung have avoided a potentially ugly court battle with a settlement that ends all outstanding intellectual property litigation between the two companies.
The success of Samsung's Galaxy S Android phones just became a cash cow for Microsoft, thanks to a patent cross-licensing agreement in which Microsoft gets paid for every Android phone or tablet Samsung sells.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
Software patents have figured prominently in the news in recent weeks, thanks not just to Oracle's attack on Google but also--more recently--to Paul Allen's breathtaking multi-victim onslaught.
The European Court of Justice looks set to derail plans for a common patent system across the European Union. The court's Advocate General believes that a centralized patent is "incompatible with the treaties" that created the E.U., according to a le...
Finjan has sued five rival security companies, including Symantec and McAfee, claiming it holds crucial patents used by popular antivirus products and security services.
The U.S. International Trade Commission will investigate complaints by Apple that Eastman Kodak violated its patents related to digital imaging devices and software, the latest dispute in a long-standing patent skirmish between the two companies.
No change: That's the result of an 18-monthlong appeals process that the president of the European Patent Office hoped would clarify the rules on whether software may be patented.
HTC said it filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission charging Apple with infringing on five patents.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office confirmed a patent held by i4i that has been at the heart of a dispute with Microsoft.
A U.S. federal jury has found that Novell and Red Hat were not guilty of infringing on user interface patents held by IP Innovation.
Microsoft announced that it will collect royalties on HTC's Android phones through a patent licensing deal. Microsoft isn't saying much about what patents are covered, but it's clear that HTC's Android phones in some way use technology that's patente...
Microsoft has licensed some of its patents to mobile phone maker HTC for use on the company's Android-based smartphones, it said Tuesday.
IBM will not use its open-source patents in any potential legal actions it may bring against TurboHercules, an IBM company executive seemingly asserted on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW