The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
The U.S. Senate will return early from a week-long recess in a last-ditch effort to extend provisions of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency have used to collect millions of domestic telephone records over the past nine years.
A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
Democrats in the U.S. Congress have wasted no time in resurrecting a debate over net neutrality rules, with lawmakers introducing a bill that would ban paid traffic priority agreements between broadband providers and Web content producers.
The U.S. Senate has voted against a bill that would rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records within the country, possibly killing any NSA reforms until next year.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC