Unsure that market forces alone can do the job, PayPal is betting Singapore's government can spur the development and adoption of mobile e-commerce applications in the Southeast Asian city-state.
Using MasterCard's MoneySend application, iPhone and iPad users will be able to send or receive money using their phone or tablet, the card company said on Thursday.
MasterCard is launching a program for external developers interested in tapping into some of the credit card giant's internal payment and data services to create applications.
Heartland Payment Systems has made a third settlement deal, this time with MasterCard, related to a massive data breach two years ago at the card payments processor.
PayPal said that India's central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has allowed it to resume Indian bank withdrawals for Indian businesses who use PayPal to sell their goods or services abroad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD