By exploiting the power of social media, Circle wants make moving bitcoins and money across borders a pleasant and cost-saving affair in more countries.
In the past few weeks, North Carolina and Mississippi have adopted laws enabling businesses to discriminate against gays and transgender people by those who say serving them would infringe on their religious beliefs. Some large tech companies have co...
Surveillance firm gets hacked... Minecraft on Windows 10... Giant robots to do battle... and more tech news
Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
PayPal is acquiring Xoom, an international money transfer service, in a deal that lets PayPal break into a new market worth an estimated $600 billion a year, the companies said Wednesday.
Security flaw pushes OPM web app offline... Oracle can charge Google for Java in Android... Microsoft mapping tech finds its way to Uber... and more tech news
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has cautioned PayPal that provisions in its new user agreement for contacting customers with autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages could violate federal laws.
Google gets on smart cities bandwagon... eBay, PayPal hit a nerve with robocall provision in use terms... Spotify arms for battle with Apple... and more tech news.
After a backlash from critics, PayPal seems to be reconsidering a plan to give itself unilateral permission to ping its users with robocalls and text messages.
As PayPal prepares for its upcoming IPO as an independent eBay spinoff, it wants to make at least one thing clear: It's got mobile covered.
The US financial consumer protection watchdog has ordered PayPal to cough up US$25 million in fines for deceptive practices around the company's credit service, which included signing up customers for the service without their consent.
Facebook accused of stealing data center plan...States object to Radio Shack sale of personal data...EU to probe e-commerce companies...and more tech news.
PayPal has reached a $7.7 million settlement with the U.S. Treasury for ignoring U.S. sanctions and allowing money transfers to accounts linked to Iran, Cuba, terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.
European legislators are about to reopen a debate on whether Facebook and Twitter should be subject to the same rules as power grids and payment services for protecting critical IT infrastructure and the data it carries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW