PayPal is testing mobile payments using NFC (Near Field Communications) stickers in Stockholm, allowing users to pay for goods at two stores using Apple's iPhone and Android-based smartphones.
Just when we thought the $99 Hewlett-Packard TouchPad was gone forever, the tablet that refuses to die is coming back for one last sale, according to online reports. A limited quantity of refurbished TouchPads will reportedly go on sale at HP's eBay ...
PayPal has launched a Facebook application designed to let users of the social networking site send money to each other.
PayPal has opened a global operations center in Malaysia, its second in the region.
In the last 13 years, PayPal has expanded far beyond its initial growth spurt on auction Websites. According to its second-quarter results, the online payment service busted through the $1 billion-earnings mark and is processing more than $315 millio...
PayPal has unveiled a mobile payment initiative for shoppers that doesn't require near-field communication (NFC) technology inside smartphones.
As hacking groups like Anonymous and LulzSec have earned a higher profile in the past few months, they've also earned themselves (or perhaps their patsies) an increasing number of trips to jail.
Mitek Systems' Mobile Capture imaging software has long allowed banks to offer customers mobile banking capabilities. Now the company is turning the technology toward the health care and insurance industries as well.
The FBI said this afternoon that it had arrested a total of fourteen individuals thought to belong to the Anonymous hacking group for their alleged participation in a series of distributed denial-of-service attacks (DDoS) against PayPal last year.
Charging goods, particularly of the digital variety, to a mobile-phone bill may get more commonplace in the U.S. now that eBay plans to buy Zong, a Silicon Valley company.
The Twitter account of PayPal U.K. was hacked late Tuesday and used to post messages attacking the online payment processing company.
Debbie Crowell never ordered the iPhone, but thanks to a hacking group known as Lulzsec, she spent a good part of her Thursday morning trying to get US$712.00 in charges reversed after someone broke into her Amazon account and ordered it.
PayPal and parent eBay have filed a suit against Google and two former executives alleging that they have misappropriated their trade secrets in the area of mobile payments and point-of-sale strategies.
Three top U.S. banks are collaborating on a service that will allow the transfer of funds by simply logging in to a personal online bank account and entering the name and mobile phone number of the person receiving the money.
A jury in the Eastern District of Texas told Google that it owes Bedrock Computer Technologies $5 million in damages for using versions of Linux that infringe on Bedrock's patents.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCData ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD