Look for NAND technology to thrive as the world becomes ever more interconnected through mobile devices and data centers seek to become more efficient, or "green."
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
Google gobbled up the chip-making startup Agnilux, whose employees were behind Apple's A4 iPad processor. Google didn't say specifically why it bought Agnilux, but many theorize it's to help build mobile chips for Android or Chrome OS mobile devices.
Japan's biggest chip maker is committing chip design expertise to Brazil as part of a far-reaching cooperation to build a semiconductor industry in the nation.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, with the company calling it the "best first quarter ever."
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
An online retail store is taking orders for Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core Opteron processors, code-named Magny-Cours, ahead of the official launch.
The specifications for AMD's desktop-oriented six-core processors, codenamed 'Thuban', have been accidentally leaked by Gigabyte.
Nvidia on Wednesday asked customers to remove drivers that caused its GeForce graphics cards to overheat, which ultimately crashed some PCs.
Former US military security specialist Christopher Tarnovsky has found a weakness in Infineon's SLE66 CL PE.
Following up the recent launch of its Radeon HD 5450, ATI today announced the Radeon HD 5570. This new card supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2, and is designed with small-form-factor desktop PCs in mind.
Shipments of graphics chips worldwide went up in 2009 and could rise again this year as the PC industry emerges from the recession and consumers open up wallets, Jon Peddie Research said in a study on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
Taiwan's biggest DRAM maker, Nanya Technology, reported its first net profit in nearly three years on Wednesday, as DRAM prices rose and demand remained strong in the fourth quarter of last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW