Samsung Electronics and Rambus on Tuesday announced they had settled outstanding claims over licensing, which should net Rambus more than US$700 million over the next five years.
Though Nvidia didn't say much about its upcoming Fermi chips at CES 2010 last week, rumors have been circulating that these GPUs will be available in mid-March in "low quantities" according to Tom's Hardware.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
The first GeForce GPU based on Nvidia's next-gen Fermi architecture will make a showing at CES 2010 in Vegas next week, according to an update on Nvidia's Facebook page.
All eyes will be on Las Vegas later this week when the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) kicks off, but major vendors seem anxious to one-up each other with early announcements preceding the event.
While Intel nurses a self-inflicted wound after pulling the plug on its long-anticipated Larrabee graphics chip, analysts said rivals AMD and Nvidia need to make hay with the extra time they've been given.
Although Intel delayed its first stand-alone graphics processor, code-named Larrabee, the company could use elements of the chip's design and architecture in future products, analysts said on Monday.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
After keeping operators and users alike waiting for nearly a year, Intel has begun production of a wireless chipset, called Kilmer Peak, that will support three versions of WiMax, 2.3GHz, 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
Here we go again.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW