Samsung Electronics and Rambus on Tuesday announced they had settled outstanding claims over licensing, which should net Rambus more than US$700 million over the next five years.
Though Nvidia didn't say much about its upcoming Fermi chips at CES 2010 last week, rumors have been circulating that these GPUs will be available in mid-March in "low quantities" according to Tom's Hardware.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
The first GeForce GPU based on Nvidia's next-gen Fermi architecture will make a showing at CES 2010 in Vegas next week, according to an update on Nvidia's Facebook page.
All eyes will be on Las Vegas later this week when the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) kicks off, but major vendors seem anxious to one-up each other with early announcements preceding the event.
While Intel nurses a self-inflicted wound after pulling the plug on its long-anticipated Larrabee graphics chip, analysts said rivals AMD and Nvidia need to make hay with the extra time they've been given.
Although Intel delayed its first stand-alone graphics processor, code-named Larrabee, the company could use elements of the chip's design and architecture in future products, analysts said on Monday.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
After keeping operators and users alike waiting for nearly a year, Intel has begun production of a wireless chipset, called Kilmer Peak, that will support three versions of WiMax, 2.3GHz, 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
Here we go again.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW