Samsung Electronics and Rambus on Tuesday announced they had settled outstanding claims over licensing, which should net Rambus more than US$700 million over the next five years.
Though Nvidia didn't say much about its upcoming Fermi chips at CES 2010 last week, rumors have been circulating that these GPUs will be available in mid-March in "low quantities" according to Tom's Hardware.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
The first GeForce GPU based on Nvidia's next-gen Fermi architecture will make a showing at CES 2010 in Vegas next week, according to an update on Nvidia's Facebook page.
All eyes will be on Las Vegas later this week when the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) kicks off, but major vendors seem anxious to one-up each other with early announcements preceding the event.
While Intel nurses a self-inflicted wound after pulling the plug on its long-anticipated Larrabee graphics chip, analysts said rivals AMD and Nvidia need to make hay with the extra time they've been given.
Although Intel delayed its first stand-alone graphics processor, code-named Larrabee, the company could use elements of the chip's design and architecture in future products, analysts said on Monday.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
After keeping operators and users alike waiting for nearly a year, Intel has begun production of a wireless chipset, called Kilmer Peak, that will support three versions of WiMax, 2.3GHz, 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
Here we go again.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW