Samsung Electronics and Rambus on Tuesday announced they had settled outstanding claims over licensing, which should net Rambus more than US$700 million over the next five years.
Though Nvidia didn't say much about its upcoming Fermi chips at CES 2010 last week, rumors have been circulating that these GPUs will be available in mid-March in "low quantities" according to Tom's Hardware.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
The first GeForce GPU based on Nvidia's next-gen Fermi architecture will make a showing at CES 2010 in Vegas next week, according to an update on Nvidia's Facebook page.
All eyes will be on Las Vegas later this week when the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) kicks off, but major vendors seem anxious to one-up each other with early announcements preceding the event.
While Intel nurses a self-inflicted wound after pulling the plug on its long-anticipated Larrabee graphics chip, analysts said rivals AMD and Nvidia need to make hay with the extra time they've been given.
Although Intel delayed its first stand-alone graphics processor, code-named Larrabee, the company could use elements of the chip's design and architecture in future products, analysts said on Monday.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
After keeping operators and users alike waiting for nearly a year, Intel has begun production of a wireless chipset, called Kilmer Peak, that will support three versions of WiMax, 2.3GHz, 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz.
Via launched its fastest netbook processors to date as part of a new lineup of chips that also draw less power, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
Here we go again.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple, Microsoft and Amazon offer fairer deal on cloud storage
- Hackers behind bank attack campaign use Russian as decoy
- Microsoft eyes Indian startups for cloud services
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- New Zealand High Court clears Kim Dotcom extradition to the US
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- CCIT Support TechnicianNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA