Dragon Age 2 review: A mature, challenging, modern RPG
Back to the Future: It's About Time begins in 1986, when Doc's disappearance from the "present" is starting to have repercussions throughout Hill Valley
R.U.S.E. is a real-time strategy game on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 that has excellent presentation value, but painfully slow combat
FrontierVille, like its predecessor FarmVille, is more of a habit than a game
Like 5Th Cell's innovative DS title, Scribblenauts, Max and the Magic Marker's core gameplay is focused on an open-ended world where challenges can be solved through countless creative solutions.
pc games in pictures
Choosing this generation's best game (thus far) is a difficult undertaking -- which is why we handed the task over to you, our readers. A few months ago, we asked you to vote for your favourite game of this generation in an online poll. To find out which game reigned supreme, check out the rest of the slideshow. (And if you disagree, don't complain to us. We didn't pick the winner: you did!)
From World of Warcraft nerdlingers to rampant games piracy, we list ten reasons to hate PC gamers.
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow is dedicated to those oddball controllers that set out earn our amazement but only aroused our amusement, instead.
2009 sure went by quick, eh readers? It feels like only yesterday that we were sticking the boot into 2008's most overrated games (did Grand Theft Auto IV really come out two years ago?) Soon it'll be 2010's turn. We're putting our early bets on Heavy Rain and Gran Turismo 5.
PC gamers, we should have expected this.
Before The Witcher became a surprise hit with PC gamers, CD Projekt RED was a mostly unknown software developer.
Sega has announced the upcoming release of its soccer management sim, known internationally as Football Manager 2014, for PC, Mac and, for the first time, Linux.
Gamers who have fond memories of 1994’s Theme Park by EA will be happy to hear about the Amusement Park DLC coming to SimCity.
Namco Bandai, the local distributor of Square Enix games, has set 27 August as the street date for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
Video game developer and publisher, Accolade, produced several games in the 32-bit era, though the game senior artist, Trevor Grimshaw, remembers the most is Slave Zero.
At this year’s E3, Alienware unveiled its refreshed product line-up and it came with more than minor enhancements.
The film and music industry has a long tradition of digging up and preserving their intellectual property so that it can continually be enjoyed by audiences both in the present and future.
These days gamers are more likely to associate World of WarCraft and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with RPGing, but before that there was the Might & Magic series.
The server issues are a massive barrier to the enjoyment of the SimCity, but once that gets solved there is a decent, if not restrictive, game experience to be found.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia