Intel has today stopped shipments of the Series 6 chipsets used with its much vaunted Sandy Bridge processors. The reason: a problem with the SATA controller that could over a period of time cause problems with SATA-linked devices.
AMD GPU stalwart Sapphire has announced it is building a range of Intel motherboards. The Intel products are all being made by Sapphire in Taiwain, and will be available direct from the company.
According to a report on the Wall Street Journal website, Sony Ericsson CEO Bert Nordberg has hinted that that the mobile-phone maker might be working with Sony to build a smartphone with a slide-out controller to play games.
Liquid coolers were once the preserve of hardcore modders with money to burn: the kit was expensive and notoriously leaky, but it was the only way their high-end processors could cope with the heat generated from all-night gaming sessions.
Whatever else you may do with your PC, it's likely that you print out at very least the odd letter, document or photograph. Papers and inks can be expensive, so printing wisely isn't just a matter of choosing the right printer for the job; you also n...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCSystem TestersQLD