Shipments of laptops rose by 43.4 per cent in the first three months of 2010, compared to the same period last year, according to market research company Gartner. A large part of the growth was due to a 71 percent bump in netbook sales, which Gartner...
Expanding PC sales in emerging market is increasing the rate of software piracy, according to a recent study by industry watchers.
The PC market is predicted to grow 20 per cent in 2010 according to IT research company Gartner, with mobile technology leading the growth.
Apple will report selling another record number of Macs in the final quarter of 2009 when it unveils its financial figures later this month, a Wall Street analyst said Thursday in a note to clients.
Dell has delayed the closing of a plant in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, by three months because PC demand is rising, the company said on Tuesday.
Windows 7 could inspire businesses to begin spending money on PC upgrades again because it repairs major problems enterprise users had with Vista when it was released nearly three years ago, analysts said this week.
Microsoft Corp.'s claim that customers pay a US$3,400 "Apple Tax" when they buy Macs rather than Windows-based PCs is "silly" and "stupid," an analyst who follows Apple Inc. said Friday.
PC microprocessor shipments slowed in the fourth quarter and will continue to decline this year, according to an IDC survey released on Wednesday.
Revenue from the sale of PCs during the key Christmas quarter plummeted by 15 percent to 20 percent from the same period in 2007, according to a preliminary estimate from a Gartner analyst. As expected, netbook computers cannibalized their larger, pr...
Mac retail sales in the US last month fell 1 percent from a year ago, even as sales of Windows PCs climbed 7 percent, market research company NPD Group reported Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT