Better than a plank of wood and some cushions?
But, be warned, it doesn't come cheap
A 2-in-1 tablet and PC that makes you think a little differently about how a PC should look and feel
Online deathmatch meets parkour
PC in pictures
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
A new educational foundation hopes to introduce children worldwide to coding, using a tiny single-board computer that has changed the way coding is taught in schools across the U.K.
PC sales volumes have hit bottom, so from next year, the only way is up, say Gartner analysts.
Especially if you have an older PC, there’s a big difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Here’s how to find out what you have and why you should care.
Many Raspberry Pi-like developer boards are available, but most can't run Microsoft's Windows 10 desktop OS. OS versatility is a strong suit of the new SolidRun Q4 board.
All-in-ones are all about saving space and avoiding clutter, but few do so as well as Lenovo's ThinkCentre X1.
There's always a first time for building a PC, and the guides can only go so far when it gets to specific details for each part. Read on for seven things I wished I'd known before I started.
CopyTrans ($20) helps you sidestep one of iTunes's most galling built-in limitations. This useful app allows you to backup an entire iPod or iPhone's library, then either place it in a specific folder of your choice, or import the tracks and playlist...
This cheap but capable $300 budget desktop PC will outperform any laptop in the same price range.
Remedy's time-bending game/TV show hybrid is as intriguing as it is weird.
What you need to know about HP Inc. - one half of the new-look tech giant.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
Whitepapers about PC
Transform your workplace with cutting-edge security, amazing performance, and unwired productivity.
Videos about PC
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTEL2 Project Manager - Applications Development ProjectACT
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD