Better than a plank of wood and some cushions?
But, be warned, it doesn't come cheap
A 2-in-1 tablet and PC that makes you think a little differently about how a PC should look and feel
Online deathmatch meets parkour
PC in pictures
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
All-in-ones are all about saving space and avoiding clutter, but few do so as well as Lenovo's ThinkCentre X1.
Final part in the series on achieving PCI compliance when dealing with message queues.
Even the noise from your PC’s fans could be used to steal the data inside. Researchers in Israel have found a way to do just by hijacking the fans inside and manipulating the sounds they create.
Alienware's backpack PC prototype packs a Radeon RX 480 to create a mobile virtual reality solution.
Prominent Windows PC makers have made "egregious" omissions in the software updaters they bundle with notebooks that leave customers at risk from cyberattack.
There's always a first time for building a PC, and the guides can only go so far when it gets to specific details for each part. Read on for seven things I wished I'd known before I started.
CopyTrans ($20) helps you sidestep one of iTunes's most galling built-in limitations. This useful app allows you to backup an entire iPod or iPhone's library, then either place it in a specific folder of your choice, or import the tracks and playlist...
Remedy's time-bending game/TV show hybrid is as intriguing as it is weird.
What you need to know about HP Inc. - one half of the new-look tech giant.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
The Microsoft Surface running Windows RT is just about everything you'd want in a tablet, but how does it stack up against the market leader, the Apple iPad?
Whitepapers about PC
Transform your workplace with cutting-edge security, amazing performance, and unwired productivity.
Videos about PC
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC