Intel's Sandy Bridge CPU architecture is set to hit mainstream PCs by 2011 and it will be known as 2nd Generation Core. The improvements over the current mainstream Core i7 series CPUs largely relate to media processing. The graphics processor and I/...
Texas Instruments could implement Arm's latest Cortex-A15 processor design in a chip that could be built and sampled as early as next year, an analyst said on Thursday.
Nvidia on Friday announced seven new GeForce 400M series graphics cards for laptops, which could provide parallel-processing capabilities to accelerate Web browsing and 3D image rendering.
Intel's upcoming next-generation laptop chips will have a dozen new features to improve graphics performance and will be able to play Blu-ray 3D movies, the company said on Thursday.
Intel on Monday released a dual-core Atom N550 processor, which the company says will bring improved application and graphics performance to netbooks while retaining long battery life.
Researchers at the Georgia Tech Research Institute, led by Richard Boyd, have demonstrated that off-the-shelf GPUs (the same that power the video card in your PC) are better at cracking passwords than had previously been thought, according to a BBC r...
Intel today introduced an update to its Atom processor-based platform for home and small business storage appliances.
Nvidia on Thursday reported a loss for the second quarter of its 2011 fiscal year, caused partly by charges related to faulty laptop graphics processors the company sold more than two years ago.
A shortage of the main memory chips used in personal computers could send prices of the chips higher in the second half of this year, market researcher iSuppli warned on Monday
Advanced Micro Devices overtook Nvidia during the second quarter to become the top discrete graphics card vendor, according to market research firm Mercury Research.
Nvidia is extending its 3D offerings from homes to businesses, announcing new 3D glasses and transmitters for use in meetings and presentations.
Apple's multi-touch assault on the desktop continues with the US$69 (AUD$99) Magic Trackpad, a jumbo touch panel that allows desktop Mac users to do away with their mouses and act like they're using MacBook Pros. But just because people can say goodb...
Intel on Tuesday announced it had developed a prototype interconnect that uses light to speed up data transmission inside computers at the speed of 50 gigabits per second.
Microsoft signed a new agreement to license technology for the Arm microprocessor architecture, opening the potential for the software giant to follow in Apple's footsteps and design its own Arm-based chips.
Dell is warning customers that "a small number" of its server motherboards may contain malicious software.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- TPInformation Security OfficerACT
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCTest LeadQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial ServicesVIC
- FTTechnical Team Leader | ArchitectQLD
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW