Intel's Sandy Bridge CPU architecture is set to hit mainstream PCs by 2011 and it will be known as 2nd Generation Core. The improvements over the current mainstream Core i7 series CPUs largely relate to media processing. The graphics processor and I/...
Texas Instruments could implement Arm's latest Cortex-A15 processor design in a chip that could be built and sampled as early as next year, an analyst said on Thursday.
Nvidia on Friday announced seven new GeForce 400M series graphics cards for laptops, which could provide parallel-processing capabilities to accelerate Web browsing and 3D image rendering.
Intel's upcoming next-generation laptop chips will have a dozen new features to improve graphics performance and will be able to play Blu-ray 3D movies, the company said on Thursday.
Intel on Monday released a dual-core Atom N550 processor, which the company says will bring improved application and graphics performance to netbooks while retaining long battery life.
Researchers at the Georgia Tech Research Institute, led by Richard Boyd, have demonstrated that off-the-shelf GPUs (the same that power the video card in your PC) are better at cracking passwords than had previously been thought, according to a BBC r...
Intel today introduced an update to its Atom processor-based platform for home and small business storage appliances.
Nvidia on Thursday reported a loss for the second quarter of its 2011 fiscal year, caused partly by charges related to faulty laptop graphics processors the company sold more than two years ago.
A shortage of the main memory chips used in personal computers could send prices of the chips higher in the second half of this year, market researcher iSuppli warned on Monday
Advanced Micro Devices overtook Nvidia during the second quarter to become the top discrete graphics card vendor, according to market research firm Mercury Research.
Nvidia is extending its 3D offerings from homes to businesses, announcing new 3D glasses and transmitters for use in meetings and presentations.
Apple's multi-touch assault on the desktop continues with the US$69 (AUD$99) Magic Trackpad, a jumbo touch panel that allows desktop Mac users to do away with their mouses and act like they're using MacBook Pros. But just because people can say goodb...
Intel on Tuesday announced it had developed a prototype interconnect that uses light to speed up data transmission inside computers at the speed of 50 gigabits per second.
Microsoft signed a new agreement to license technology for the Arm microprocessor architecture, opening the potential for the software giant to follow in Apple's footsteps and design its own Arm-based chips.
Dell is warning customers that "a small number" of its server motherboards may contain malicious software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW